The Weight

The Weight- Now Shawn realizes that what he said about her in Show You was a bit harsh. When he tried to apologize she confessed that she did something horrible. She was sleeping next door with the kid he grew up with. Shawn was devastated, he wanted to erase the memory of ever hearing those words come out of her mouth. Shawn says "and I can't go back to her anymore" because she was the one who would normally comfort him in these rough situations. She told him she was happier with his friend BUT she wanted to still be in his life. Shawn waited for her, but she slowly started to shut him out. After Shawn's music started to become popular, she wanted to be back with him. Shawn's heart broke because she only wanted him for the fame. Too much pressure was on him because deep down he still had feelings for her. He soon realized that he needed to push her to the back of his mind. She was now his past, he made a vow to himself that even if he still loved her he would always remember what she did. He knew that one day she won't be one for cheating, but he didn't want to wait for her. After he pushed her out of his life, he knew he could achieve more in his career with a clearer mindset.
                           This lead to Something Big
                                   ⤵️