Chapter 2

All I want for Christmas
December 2016

"It's freezing out there." Amanda came running in the apartment.

"Come here." I opened my arms and she quickly curled up to me. Over the past couple of months, we have become a lot closer.

"How was your final?" I asked her.

"Wasn't too bad. You ready to go home tomorrow?"

"Ehh sorta."

"Why?"

"It's just not the same without my sister."

"I don't know her but I kind of understand her. She may be looking for information on her dad but on herself too. I'm sure you and your oldest sister treated her the same but she was little different."

"I guess but I wish she would at least call us and our mom more importantly." She nodded in agreement.

"Hey, you could, come with my family and listen to my dad preach."

"Maybe we should have Christmas here." She pulled away, looking at me.

"As great as that sounds, we have to go home to our families."

"Fine." I groaned pulling her back into me.

"You two making out?" Tony walked in smirking at us.

"Best friends, just best friends." She said.

"Right. Anyways you guys ready to party?"

"Yea we have everything." I nodded watching him struggling with his stuff. Tonight, was our last little get together before everyone heads home tomorrow.

"I don't want to go back in the cold." She groaned next to me. I don't understand why she just doesn't live here. Most of her friends live here and she's here enough as it is.

"I'm sure you can find something here or one of the girls have something."

"Your right." I smiled.

"You should just move in here."

"And sleep where?"

"The couch." I smirked before quickly pulling away from here. Honestly, we would probably end up sharing my room. She pulled away and went into Steph's room so she could get ready. I helped Tony get a few things ready before I went to get ready.

A few hours the party was in full swing and everyone was having a good time. I saw the girls dancing but I didn't see Amanda. Something didn't feel right not seeing her. Quickly I pulled away from the guys and went to look for her. I could hear crying in my room, so I made my way in.

"Mandy."

"Cohen." She said through a sob. She jumped into my arms and I held her tight. No one hurts my best friend and get away with it.

"Tell me what happened."

"Some guy tried going to far."

"Who?" I pulled away, fuming someone had done this.

"Cohen, no stay with me please." She pleaded grabbing my hand. Sighing I sat back down next to her, trying to calm down.

"Let's change and go to bed." I got her some clothes and we quickly changed. She quickly curled up to me, sighing.

"Thank you."

"I'm not going anywhere. Whenever you need me I'm always going to be there." I kissed her forehead, pulling her closer so she felt safe.

Waking up I found her clutching onto me tightly. Her face is so relaxed and at peace as she slept next to me. I rubbed my thumb across her forehead and cheeks, watching her take comfort in my touch. Her eyes opened and smiled once she saw me.