Intro- "Why'd I Do It ? "

~ Gillies' POV ~

*************************************

I sat on my bed , my uncles university textbook on my lap physics textbook was the book, I've always been a fan of physics, so my uncle gave me his old textbook, I had just turned the page into the next unit in physics when I Hurd my dad's voice boom up the stairs " JAMES GILLIES GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANCE!" He hollered, I hurriedly threw the book mark in my book, slammed it shut and ran out of my room " COMING DAD !" I yell in reply, my voice cracking as I do so not expect to yell so loud , I bounded down the stairs , I adjust the loose curl that's not fully gelled down, knowing my dad will be livid if even one  piece of hair isn't in place " what is this ?!" My dad asked as I skid to a hault, almost running into his as I enter the dining room , I look down at my black dress shoes ..... I feel the tears threatening to fall " a failure " I state as he pushes my shoulder, causing me to step back a bit to steady myself " that's the thing James , you are a failure ! " my dad starts , waving the test in my face so the writing is blurry " I was away when we learned it ! I didn't know anything !" I argue, my first mistake that hot June 20th evening, the second was telling him off " you need to stop telling me what to do and start telling me how " I retort , although as I finished my sentence, ' Why'd I Do It ? ' I ask myself as I felt something hard collide with my face " YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME JAMES GILLIES ! I WILL BE TELLING YOUR TEACHER TO GIVE YOU DETENTION FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!" My dad hollers as he punches me again , harder . At this point I don't care about detention, I just need to get away from him.

*************************************

Splash !

I'm splashed by a puddle as a wagon goes over it , it snapped me out of my memory " I showed him " I mutter bitterly as I continue my walk to school, I was now a block away from Robert Perry's house but I couldn't shake the feeling of my dads fist in my gut ....... although I hadn't got there in my memory I knew I was getting there , I felt sick even thinking about school..... the F that was on that test shook my 13 year old self , Grade 7 had been real good except for that one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stomach clenched as Professor Bennett handed my test back to me , E " excellent" I mutter as I re-read the mark , now being in University I had to get outstanding marks but that didn't help me today " on the new sheet of paper I've handed out, please write the date , your name and unit we are on -" Bennett started saying as he wrote on the chalk board, the questions from the all to familiar textbook of physics

Name: James Gillies
Date : June 20th
Unit:

I went to write the unit down when something hit me...... not physically but emotionally

June 20th

I thought hard

June 20th ?

I zoomed in on the words

June
20th

I leaned my elbow on the textbook as I thought

June

20-

I stopped, I looked at the text book as words and scenes flew back at my brain

my first mistake that hot June 20th evening, the second was telling him off

" that's the thing James , you are a failure !"

I sat on my bed , my uncles university textbook on my lap physics textbook was the book, I've always been a fan of physics, so my uncle gave me his old textbook, I had just turned the page into the next unit in physics when I Hurd my dad's voice boom up the stairs

It was June 20th , a hot one , the textbook that my uncle gave me was the one I was currently using as a ' elbow table ' my eyes rolled in disgust, I was definitely NOT a failure. I'll show him. I . WILL. SHOW . HIM.