Chapter 17 - Business or Pleasure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Cover Photo for this Chapter is the 2nd Place Winner of the Her Instinct Cover Contest by @AmandaHargrave (wattpad & twitter). Congrats again!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was inspired by the song "Still Got Time" by ZAYN feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR. Feel free to listen as you read!

Forensics class droned on for what felt like an eternity, but I didn't really care. My mind was back in my room with Mr. Leto. Chills spread all over my body as I recalled it all. That small glimpse of what it must be like to be with him everyday. Together. Alone. I think I could do that forever.

"So I heard about you and my Dad." Allegra leaned

I could feel the blood drain from my face.

"Huh?" I panicked.

"He said he came to check up on you?"

"Oh yeah, " I sighed in relieve.

Gosh. That was too much.

"Why do parents always have to check on us and what we're doing? It's not like my Dad would have found you with some guy over the house. I mean, it's you for Heaven's sake: 'Innocent Little Kerri'" she giggled.

If you only knew, Allegra, I'd make your head spin. "I'm not that innocent, Allegra." I tried to defend myself.

"You are so" she whispered playfully as the teacher walked by. "Name a guy you've kissed." She demanded.

"Well..." 

How do I explain this?

"You see..." I started.

"Save it, Kerri. I know everything about you. That's why I worked out a little something for you."

"And what exactly is this little something?" I asked.

Her smile grew ten yards wide.

"Allegra, what is it?" I leaned over, practically out of my seat to get this news.

She starteled to giggle.

"Allegra Leto, if you don't tell me this minute-" I pressed.

"Kerri," Ms. Ryder interjected, "You seem full of things to say today. Tell us the answer to Questions 5." She glared at us.

"Oh, um..." I fidgeted a bit as I searched for my answer. "Fingerprints should be dusted and tested for the victim before any charges can be thought of being made."

"Well done." She nodded in approval. "From now until the end of class, finish copying these terms on the board in your notebook. There will be a quiz tomorrow on their meaning and significance to filing a report."

Before Allegra began to write I leaned over on her desk. "Tell me, now!"

"So, I set up a date night at my house for you, Derek, Ethan and I."

"What?!" I yelled out just ask the bell rang.

Allegra shot up. "It'll be like a double date!" she exclaimed, heading for the door.