Slaves' Freedom

Katherine looked in the mirror as she adjusted her white cap, tugging it down to her ears, then adjusting her long red dress over her slightly swollen belly. She had been pregnant for a few months now, though unsure of how long exactly it had been. She could hardly keep track of the days now. Katherine had been attending a pregnant woman, saw what she had to deal with. That's why she hadn't told anyone of her pregnancy. Her bump was subtle enough that she could hide it with her dress, and she hadn't many other symptoms thus far, so it was fairly easy for her to hide. 

     Katherine bowed to the man that had requested her to come to him, the man smirking as he looked over her. "Come and lay down." She nodded and laid on the bed as told, him pulling off her white cap and kissing at her cheeks, jaw, and neck. She closed her eyes and turned away from him, trying to ignore how he unbuttoned her dress and touched her body, stroking his hands up and down her. "Your belly is swollen." He observed, her quickly providing an explanation. "Just bloated, is all..." She said. "I didn't ask." He moved between her legs, Katherine groaning in pain as he suddenly thrust inside, her pushing at his chest. "No..." She murmured. "Stop it. I get to do what I want until you're pregnant, understand? Your job is to repopulate, not complain." He said, wrapping his hands around her neck in frustration. Katherine gasped as he began to choke her and thrust at the same time, her reaching back and looking around for something to stop him with. She smacked a vase on the side table and shattered it, her grabbing a piece of glass from the broken pile and slashing his face with it, then backing away from him with a scared look on her face. "You bitch!" He growled, reaching to attack her again. She closed her eyes and looked away, slashing him again, though this time she inadvertently slit his throat. Blood gushed from his neck and onto the terrified girl, him falling back lifeless. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth, looking at him in sheer horror. She was going to be killed for this, she and her child. Though the child's father was terrible for what he had done to her, she had grown attached to the baby inside of her. So she pulled her clothing back on and ran.

     Not knowing what else to do, Katherine ran to the forest, only stopping when she thought she was far enough. She nearly vomited, disgusted by her actions. She looked up as a woman who wore a black duplicate of her dress approached her. "You're a Handmaid, aren't you? I know somewhere you can be safe. Come with me." Katherine paused and looked at her, thinking. Then, after deliberation, she took her hand and stood, following her. 

     "Welcome to the Matriarchy."