Chapter 17- Voices

I nearly cried writing the last line of this chapter. Don't hate me for it... 

Prussia: Hetalia does not belong to ze awesome me but to Hidekaz Himaruya 

Vote, Comment and Subscribe :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany's POV

I remember now.

"The room was dark; I had been kidnapped after they filled the hotel with the gas. Two burly men- one who looked like me and one who was taller and spoke more clearly, confronted me. I felt helpless, and on the verge of unconsciousness. There was nothing I could do. They dragged me roughly by the collar and I felt so weak- my legs limp and head heavy. I eventually blacked out, hearing them mutter something about converting me...

Then I woke in somebody else's mind.

Pacify the English nation. His weak green eyes, they hold only fear. They don't know who I am. All he'll ever know is pain. Hold him into the water until he drowns...

No, I wasn't doing this. I simply watched through the holes of the fabric that I now donned. A fist clutched the sharp dagger that teased the skin that covered England's abdomen. He screamed and no matter how much he struggled out of my grasp, the dagger just pressed in deeper.

Blood, the dark scarlet liquid, was now dripping off the dagger. My tongue flicked out as I tasted it. Sweet. Now he lays unconscious, with no means of escape. This is what I had been waiting for: for the longest time. I kicked and punched him all over, releasing all the anger that had boiled within me for centuries. They treated us like scum, like we didn't exist, like we were to be shunned. Now they'd remember us. And never, ever forget.

Arthur was still. His breathing was shallow; sharp inhales here and there. None of this would have happened if I wasn't so weak. I let everyone down; I attacked Hungary, now England. Just when I thought nothing could get worse, my idiot brother shows up. If I had control of my body, I would be in tears. What's he going to do to East?

The body's older brother entered the room, hoping to find his friend. But no, he would find my masterpiece. My beautiful scarred masterpiece- and who could forget the note. Uttering back those same words, "We warned you you'd be next..." the albino's eyes narrowed. I couldn't wait to snap his limbs and cut open his flesh... Oh the ripe blood on his pale skin would be such a perfect contrast. He put up a good fight, I could give him that. But seriously, who reaches for a pot? The ceramic shards dig into my skull as I clutch my own blood and pass out. BASTARD!"

America's POV

Another day dawned, the blue sky seeping out from the cluster of clouds, which dotted on the horizon. We only had a few more minutes to go, and then we would arrive at Adeline's (I think that's her name) old house. I took an exit into a dark forest area, where there was a floor of mud and dirt, crunchy, fallen leaves that sank into rainwater and crooks in the trees. It was really scary, only slivers of daylights falling through the roofs of the trees here and there. I could feel the goose bumps rising on my arms, the hairs standing on the back of my neck and my teeth chattering insanely. It was too much to bear...

"IGGY!" I yelled, braking the SUV immediately and shaking the blonde like I was having a heart attack- and FYI- I was!

Arthur slapped me over the head in frustration. He opened his door and stepped out, walking to my side of the car. I just sat there, quivering and stuck to my seat. Iggy shoved me to his seat, my legs narrowly missing the gear stick and bottom landing in the leather seat where he had sat.

"Calm down you crazy idiot! It's just a forest. The sooner you man up, the sooner you can be a hero, ok?" Iggy assured me.

"O-Ok." I stuttered helplessly, speaking like that guy who looks like me and owns a polar bear.

But I wasn't ok, I was terrified- every snapping twig; hooting owl; howling wolf; ghostly wail- I fell prey to. I wasn't a hero, just a wimp. Then a sinister voice sounded in my head. Like me, but twisted. It sounded almost familiar.

Yes, you are a wimp. Why do you think England is always insulting you? Did you really think he is your friend? No... you are just useless to him.

'No, he raised me- he cares for me. No matter how wimpy or useless I am. I'll ask him now if you don't believe me-'

No! I mean... don't. He's too tsundere for that, even if he does care for you, he would never admit it.

I laughed out loud, getting a glare from you-know-who.

'Gotta agree with you on that one, dude. But he always does what's best for me and never pushes me away.'

Are you really that dense? England once cared for you but that all changed in 1775. Remember? When you left him that day, crying helplessly in the mud? The day you left the man who raised you? Cared for you?

'B-But England is fine with m-my independence. He-'

-He hates you! Despises you! Why do you think he's always grumpy? When was the last time you ever saw him smile? Not when you're around, that's for sure. Because he doesn't love you anymore. No one does.

'I-I just want everyone to be happy...'

Then die...