chapter three[part one]>>private sessions

The open blinds wake me up in the morning because of the beams of light peaking in. I sit up and then grab my head in pain. There was still a massive bump on my forehead but luckily it hadn't quite turned purple yet, and hopefully won't. I grab my phone off of my coffee table near my bed and check the time, "11:07" I jump out of bed, still tangled in the covers, and flop headfirst on the ground, resembling a walrus. Of course, the day I sleep in just has to be the same day that my dance class is in the morning, starting at half past eleven. I run to the bathroom and change into my favorite pair of gym shorts and throw on a plain tank top. Quickly, I run a hand through my blonde strands and try to pull off a 'messy but sexy' look. Yeah, not really my thing. But, unfortunately, I don't have time to fix it, let alone even brush my teeth or use the toilet. When I'm finally out the door, hopping on one foot with my chuck taylor's in hand, my car keys hanging between my lips, I only have ten minutes to get to the dance center.

By the time I actually run into the building, shoving multiple students out of my path, I'm already ten minutes late so I give up on rushing my way across the hallway.

"Hemmings, please walk at a tolerable speed." I hear a coach say to me from their position in front of some type of classroom.

"Sorry, I'm running late for my lesson," I reply, just as I'm nearing my room.

The door was still open because only staff members, such as myself, are allowed to shut a door, for some odd reason. Something about the general safety of the children or teens attending.

"Hey, sorry I'm la-" I begin before I notice there is only one girl in the studio. Cass, wearing nothing but a leotard, doing some type of dance routine, while listening to whatever music is playing through her headphones. I walk in slowly, trying not to be noticed, and wrap my arms around her small waist. She shrieks and pulls back but relaxes once she sees it's me.

"Where is everyone?" I ask her, as she pulls out her headphones.

"Class was canceled today, there is a huge storm warning." She states, quirking an eyebrow.

"Then why are you here?" I ask, trying not to sound rude.

"I wanted to practice a little."

"Mind if I join?"

"I kind of want to be alone." She says while backing up to where she was practicing before, getting into position.

"Too bad, it's my studio. I believe on the sign it reads 'Hemmings' not 'Clayworth'." I reply and step closer to where she stands against the railing on the side of the room. She sighs in defeat and begins to stretch. I join, but I have never been the flexible type.

"Mr.Hemmings, you are looking a bit pathetic right now," She says, chuckling to herself.

"It's so hot when you say Mr.Hemmings." I say hoping to get a reaction out of her. I smile in victory when a blush appears on her pale cheeks.

"M- Luke, shall we get started." She says in more of a statement than a question. She begins to do some sort of leg exercise and I have no idea what to do.

"You said you wanted to be in the dance production, right? Well, why don't we try some slow dancing since there is a lot in the show." I say, even though I have no clue what kind of dance they are doing this year.

*

The next song comes on as I step to the right, Cass pressed against my body, my hands resting on her hips.

"Luke, pardon me, but you are the worst slow dancer in world. How did you even score a job?"

"My beautiful face attracts all the ladies." I say in a fake seductive tone, with a wink.

"You should get a job, you would bring in just about everyone." I say, receiving another blush from her. I lean in and slip my hands a little lower.

"Uh, I, uh should go," She stammers and races toward the door, picking up her bag.

"Where are you going?" I ask just as she steps out the door.

"I've got to go call my boyfriend,"