Chapter 15

Double update! Hope you like it!

_________________________________

I walked out of the steaming bathroom, having a small towel wrapped around my body. My long locks of wet hair plastered to my skin, covering my breasts and shoulders like cobwebs when I dropped the towel to the floor and stepped out of it.

Standing in front of my large mirror, I arched my back so I could get a glimpse of the back of my hip. And there, right above my left buttock a symbol was inked into my skin, the mark they left on me, which will remain with me forever.

I sighed and clamped my eyes shut. I longer felt as stressed as I did earlier. The warm bubble bath I took managed to sooth those worries just for a little bit. I hated how my world once again crumbled down right when I managed to find a fresh start and put my life back on track, with people I loved, and who loved me back.

The last thing I wanted was to be alone, I was too shaken up to function properly and I needed to get my mind off things. I dialed Kayla’s number, putting the phone on loudspeaker so that I could rub some lotion into my skin simultaneously.

“It’s about damned time you called!” Kayla’s huff cut the dial tone off abruptly, making me chuckle. “Where have you gone? I haven’t seen you in days.” She pouted.

“Sorry, I was just busy with work…” I lied and put the jar of coconut cream aside once I was done. “Listen Kay, can I come over?” I mumbled. I always found it rude when people invited themselves inside their friend’s homes but I knew Kayla would understand.

“Yeah, sure, of course.” She said immediately and I sensed a newfound deepness in her voice, as if she knew just how much I needed her at that moment. “Jimmy made ‘Nightmare before Christmas’ cupcakes so you’re more than welcome to come over and have a few.” She told me sweetly. “But he went somewhere with Johnny so the house’s all ours.” She added, as if reading my thoughts.

“Aww bless him.” I laughed, he was such a creative guy, whether it came to music or cooking. “I’ll get ready and come, okie?” I chuckled.

“Yeah totally, waiting for you!” Kayla sent me kisses through the phone and hung up.

I quickly straightened my hair. When I didn’t have my curls in, it cascaded voluminously all the way down to the small of my back. I always put layers in my hair so even though it was so long, it looked fresh and trimmed. My makeup consisted of subtle smoky eyeliner, flawless and dewy skin and a nude, glossy lip.

I slipped into a pair of mega tight black skinny jeans, an oversized off the shoulder top and my tall, Alexander McQueen leather boots.

I was standing on Jimmy and Kayla’s doorstep in a matter of fifteen minutes and rang the doorbell. Kayla opened up for me excitedly, greeting me with a smile. “Heyy! Missed you!” She pulled me into a tight hug.

Aside from Saffy, Kayla was definitely my closest friend, they were both on the same level actually. We understood one another well as we were both somewhat corky and weird, sharing strange obsessions with fantasy books and old B-movie horror films.

Kayla was most definitely a beauty. She wasn’t particularly tall but she had a killer body, a breathtaking face and an attitude from hell. Her hair colors would change dramatically ever so often and right now, she kept it jet black and almost as long as mine.

She was wearing a cut AFI shirt of Jimmy’s with a white camisole underneath, a pair black leggings and her signature Underground England creepers. Jimmy and Kayla were hands down the most adorable couple ever, it was almost creepy how well they fit. They were both musically gifted and had the strangest outlooks on life. I wonder when the hell’s he’s going to pluck up the courage and propose.