Twelve:Coming undone

Dylan

Panic.

Panic is all I feel when I hear the ambulances outside.

Paramedics rush in and check her heart. All I see is a blur before I realise that I'm crying.

"Sir, are you coming?" A paramedic asks and I nod, getting into the ambulance with Mara's mom.

When we arrive at the hospital, we are forced to sit in the waiting rooms as they see what's wrong with her.

"She told me it was a bug." Her mom whimpers after a while of sitting in silence.

"It might still be." I say but even I know that a simple bug can't do that.
"She's strong, whatever it is she'll get through it." I say. "I'm sure of it." 

Mara

Darkness is all I see.

Am I dead?

No, stupid or you wouldn't be calling yourself stupid right now, you'd be dead.

I say to myself and try to open my eyes, I can't.

"How long till she wakes up?" I hear a familiar male voice say, Dylan!

"We don't know yet, she is in a pretty bad state.

I try to open my eyes but fail, it's like someone's holding my eyes shut. I can feel everything but I can't move or see.

I hear my mom sob and my heart clenches. I feel like crying when I feel her come to my side. "Please wake up so I can see your beautiful face again baby." She lets out a heart wrenching sob and I try so hard to move but nothing works.

I feel her holding onto my hand so I work hard to move a finger. I concentrate as much as I can and eventually manage to move my hand slightly. I hear her gasp and am relieved.

"Her hand moved." She breaths and I feel her kiss my hand.

My eyes slowly start to flutter open and I wait for them to get used to the light.

"Hey baby." My mom smiles as she sees me.

"Hey." I croak.

"You passed out, Dylan found you." She says.

I mentally thank Dylan and note that I need to thank him for it later.

After a few minutes, the doctor walks over with a sour look on his face.

"So when can we take her home?" My moms says.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news Mrs Goodwin." He says solemnly.

"What is it?" Dylan says and comes to sit down beside me, grabbing my hand.

"You have terminal cancer Miss Goodwin, we could have caught it if we knew earlier but...there's nothing we can do anymore. I'm terribly sorry."

I feel tears well up in my eyes as Dylan grips my hand harder, stopping himself  from crying.
"How long do I have left?" I whimper as the tears threaten to fall.

"Around 6 months, again I'm very sorry."

He says and right then I feel my life fall apart.

💔••💔

Please do not give me hate.

It has killed me to write this chapter and I was very upset having to write this about my character.

I understand how serious cancer is and how sensitive people can get about it so if you are offended then please leave.

Other than that thanks for reading.

Xx

-Zoe 🐺