Chapter 13

I ran back to the monorail, quickly threw away the bad fish then headed up the steps, showed the guards my pass and walked in then sat down As the trained speeded over the small houses, I looked out the long window.

The sun was just about to set.

After passing through long tunnels and going from the Lowest Ring train to the Middle Ring train, I finally arrived at the Upper Ring station.
I got out and walked down the steps, strolling along the beautiful Upper Ring districts of the city. There were lanterns lit and blue crystal street lights coming on.
I think I will go see Ghen's brother later. I'm so exhausted from today's information.... Now I see why Leander acts like He doe- Oh shoot! I forgot that Renina was going to teach me how to bend! I need to hurry and get to the mansion palace! I started running up to the palace. I hope she won't be mad.
I walked up to the gates of the palace and the royal guards let me through and I went up the steps. The guards at the door opened it allowing me inside to see one of the maids walking down the hall. I stopped her.
"Excuse me. Where is the Queen?" I asked.

"She's in her second office room. It's down the hall to the left upstairs. My name is Trudy." She smiled.

"Thank you, Trudy," I said. She bowed and walked away.

I ran up the staircase and made it to the double doors made of gold glass and ice. I knocked.
"Come in!" She said. I slide it open and saw Renina sitting on the big brownish desk with papers and office stuff everywhere.
"Hi," I said in a tired tone.
"Oh. Hi, Garik." She said nicely, not taking her eyes off of the papers in front of here. She was wearing a blue evening gown and glasses.

"Sorry I missed the practice." I apologized. She looked up with a shocked expression. She closed her eyes and laughed softly.
"Oh. I seem to have forgotten about that as well. Never mind that we can work on that later. How was your day?"
"Nice. I got to see a lot more of the Lowest Ring. Interesting people and-"
"You? Went down to the Lowest Ring?" She cut me off.
"Uh-huh. was that bad?"
"Well... I guess not, it's just no one really what's to go down there." She said in a sad tone
"Why don't you fix it up?" I ask sitting down on the blue sofa.

"I would but I'm told the people said it's fine. That they are happy."
"Who told you that?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"Councilman Leander Grenchen. Remember him? He's the Grand Secretariat." She said in a mix of sad and happy.
"Yeah, I know the guy. And you believed him?" I said again, crossing my arms.
"Garik. He's my most trusted attended. I have to believe him. He helps run things here."

I let out a sigh. "Auntie.I have a long and important story to tell you.."
"Oh um, Garik. I really wanted to get this stuff down tonight. Can it wait till later?" She asked, pleading.

I sighed and nodded. I stood up and walk out to go to my room and to get some sleep.
I need to tell her without letting Leander Grenchen know.

Little did I know, the Rarc Lee agents already know.
//
"Ok First Son! Time to teach you how to manipulate an element at physical motion will!" Queen Renina said, excited. I gave a nervous smile. We were sitting in a large grand reading living room, getting ready to leave.
I stood up and followed her out the doors.

We walked along the gray titled ground with green trees on each side of us. Four palace guards accompanying us as well with no Rarc Lee in sight.
"So what element do you what to bend?" She asked. looking up at the cloudy skies.
"Hum. I don't know. What do all the elements mean?" I asked.
"What do you mean?"

"Like. In your in-depth studies, what have you found to be their spiritual purposes?" She chuckled softly. A few people wearing any different shades of blue clothes, waterbenders, walked by us and bowed at Queen Renina. She smiled and nodded and they continued walking.
"In many fictional worlds, the power is called magic. But in this world, it's called the Elemental Arts." She said.