Chapter Twenty-Four

"You really did screw me over, you know," Remi said casually as he took his last bite of his toast

"You really did screw me over, you know," Remi said casually as he took his last bite of his toast. Winter break had just started today which meant he slept in on a Monday and it felt great. The beautiful woman rolled her eyes and washed her plate before turning around and leaning against the counter.

"I didn't come here for that."

"I'm just teasing, come on," he shrugged walking over to the kitchen and placing his plate in the sink. "Oh, and I don't wash things right away like you do anymore."

"I can't wait till you stop living this bachelor life," she laughed.

"Yeah, well, not gonna' happen for a while," he said and placed a hot kettle on the stove for coffee.

She tucked her hair behind her ears. "Listen, I've been wondering..."

"About?" he asked unsuspectingly as he turned the stove on high. He looked over his shoulder and noticed her scheming look.

"I need to try something for my sake."

"What are you even talking about?"

She leaned away from the counter and took a step forward. She slid both her hands to side of his neck and pulled him closer. Lips touched and she pressed deep against his, moving at rhythm. She kissed him for a few more seconds sucking and nibbling on his bottom lip before she stepped back and frowned.

"Damn it," she muttered under her breath.

"Um, what the hell, Aria?" he arched his eyebrows with a disapproving look.

"I'm sorry I just needed to know if there was something there and obviously there isn't," Aria Cole frowned.

"Okay, what is going on?" Remi crossed his arms.

"I broke it off with Keegan and I always wondered if it was because we still had something that we let go off or I truly didn't like him and I feel relieved that I left him because I truly didn't see any future with him."

"Could have just asked instead of sucking my face," he scowled.

"Yeah, yeah," she ignored, "Shit. You're not with someone right now, right?"

"No."

"Okay good, or else I'd feel even more awful for that."

"Look, I think you're fine. If you didn't see anything with Keegan, that's fine. You can start seeing other people."

"Darren asked me out on a date."

"Do you want me to tell you to go?"

"I think I need a nudge."

"I knew he liked you even when we were together. You should try it out."

"I think I will especially now that I know that we have nothing at all. I'm kind of glad that we're over."