Epilogue

AN: ALRIGHT this is the last chapter! So this has been super fun to write and I almost cried just writing this chapter because it's so fluffy, so you're welcome for that. Also, shameless self promotion but you guys should check out my new story because it's also hopefully good. And random note: EVERYONE GO LISTEN TO THE BANDSTAND CAST RECORDING RIGHT NOW alright hope you enjoy!

"Mr. Snyder is found guilty on several counts of child abuse and is hereby sentenced to 15 years in prison." Jack's head shot up. He wasn't surprised that he was found guilty, he usually was, but usually he was just sentenced a few years, or given a fine. He definitely wasn't expecting him to get 15 years. Crutchie was by his side instantly, wrapping him up in a tight hug.

"Is this real?" Jack muttered, and Crutchie laughed.

"Yeah Jack, its real. You got him." He could feel tears threatening to fall.

"Mind if I have a hug?" Katherine asked, coming up to them. The two boys pulled away, and she pulled him into an equally tight hug. Jack gently lifted her chin and leaned down, and not surprisingly, their hug had turned into a passionate kiss. Crutchie rolled his eyes good-naturedly and quietly excused himself. Once the two broke apart, Jack grinned.

"I love you." He told her quietly, and Katherine stared at him with a smile on her face.

"I love you too."

oOo

Almost a year later, they were on one of their many dates, and Jack was grinning at Katherine while she excitedly told him about her new job she'd gotten working for a newspaper. She smiled, noticing his expression.

"What?" Jack hesitated.

"You know what?" He started digging around for something in his pocket. "This isn't the way I wanted to do it but I can't wait."

"Jack?"

"Katherine... I know it didn't exactly seem like it when we first met, but I think..." He trailed off. "I don't really know the right way to say this." Katherine took one of his hands with her own.

"It's okay. Just tell me whatever you need to. It'll be fine." He took a deep breath, nodding.

"I think... I think I've loved you since we met and..." He pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a plain, silver ring. "Katherine, will you marry me?" She stared at him in shock, and Jack started rambling before she could answer. "I know the ring's not much, but I've been saving for it and I couldn't afford anything else. And, and if you don't want to, then I get that, and I -"

"Jack Kelly, shut up!" Katherine stopped him firmly, though she was desperately trying to keep tears from falling. She gently took the ring from the box and put it on. "I am proud to wear this ring, because you gave it to me." She leaned across the table and gently kissed him. Jack was silent for a long moment.

"Is that a yes?" His voice shook slightly. He had dealt with so many horrible things in his life, and he'd always come out on top. But now, asking this girl who he was in love with to spent the rest of her life with him, he was absolutely terrified that she would say no. Katherine let out a small laugh, not even attempting to hold back her tears anymore.

"Yes, of course it's a yes!" He could feel his own tears forming now and, unable to help himself any longer, he crossed to the other side of the table, pulling her to her feet and into one of their longest kisses yet. They didn't pull away until they were both breathless. They grinned at each other through their tears, ready to start a whole new adventure with each other.