Big Day Decisions

"See, I knew they would have them!" Sarah squealed as she clapped her hands together and interlocked her fingers. "Are these not the cutest things you have ever seen?"

Glancing towards her direction, Lily sees Sarah thrashing her hands at stand-up chalkboard signs and she covers up her giggle with a hand. With just a few months left until the wedding, Sarah decided that the two of them should go decoration shopping for the venue.

"Sar, what are we going to even need one of these for? I feel like it will get in the way," Lily states.

Sarah takes a strand of red, ribbon streamer and ties it around her head, creating the perfect bow. Looking at her, Lily can't help but think of how lucky she is. Just seven months ago the two of them were happily, but secretly, dating. But as the relationship grew stronger later in the year, Sarah assured Lily that she was ready to make the relationship public. And so began the romantic dinners out at restaurants, movie dates to the theater and coffee runs to the cafe.

When Sarah finally popped the question, Lily was immensely surprised. Of course she said "yes", how could she not? Sarah was smart, witty, incredibly talented and a rather big charmer. Not falling for her was impossible. Lily has always had a fire burning deep inside her belly for Sarah ever since the first day of filming for American Horror Story, but has always pushed those thoughts to the side. But as though it were some fairytale, she was now going to marry her.

"Oh, come on Lily! We can have a bucket of chalk laid out for the guests to use and they can sign it...oh but wait, what if they make it a joke."

Sarah brings her arms into a fold but removes one arm and rubs her left temple.

"I'm starting to think that these chalkboard decorations are a silly idea. Maybe we should just stick with name cards?"

Lily walks over to her and takes her hand into hers. Pushing a strand of auburn hair out of Sarah's face, Lily smiles.

"Sarah, this is your first time planning for a wedding. I'm sure you're going insane with all of this wedding stuff. But I'm here, I will support you and I know everything will turn out just fine in the end."

Sarah returned the smile and exhaled deeply. Lily gives her a quick kiss and slips away to rummage through a big, brown barrel of party items. After some time of hunting, she finally stands, finding what she was searching for and holds up two boxes of chalk. She raises them both in a seesaw motion.

"So my love...should we go with pastel or neon?"