I Love You

October 16th, 10:30 am, Severide house

"I'm home!" Hannah called as she walked into the house after being dropped off by a friend's parent.

"Hey kiddo. How was the birthday party?" Kelly asked her as she joined him on the couch.

"Great! They had an ice cream cake and it was amazing! We should buy one..." Hannah hinted.

"Maybe for your birthday."

"So, not until January?"

"Not until January."

Hannah sighed. "Oh well. What did you do last night?"

"That's what I wanted to talk about."

"Uh-oh, Stella's pregnant." Hannah said in a sarcastically dramatic voice.

"What?! Who taught you to say that?!"

"Capp explained everything to me when I asked where babies came from."

"Remind me to kill him tomorrow. But no, that's not AT ALL what I'm going to tell you."

"Then what is it?"

"I proposed to her last night and we are getting married."

"Really?! Yay!! Does this mean I'll have a mom?"

"That's my next surprise for you. Stella and I talked about it and she's going to put in the paperwork and legally become your mom. How do you feel about that?"

"I love it!! Now we won't get sad looks from people on Mother's Day!" Hannah said before she got up and ran to her room.

"Where you going?" Kelly called after her.

"I'm gonna start on a little project. Don't worry about it."

"Do you need any help with this project?"

"I just need Stella here soon. That's all."

"Okay, she's supposed to be coming pretty soon anyway."

"Excellent!"

An hour later, Stella entered.

"Hey fiancé." She greeted Kelly.

"Hi baby."

"Did you tell Hannah?"

"Yep. She's been in her room for an hour working on a 'project.' She's so excited to get a mom."

"I can't believe I'm going to have a daughter. And, I didn't have to go through any labor for her." Stella joked.

Then Hannah ran into the kitchen where they both were and she jumped into Stella's arms.

"I made you something because you're gonna be my mom." She informed her.

"Really?"

"Yep!" Hannah said as Stella set her down. "Here." Hannah handed her an envelope with the word 'Mom' printed on it with crayon.

Stella held it and stared at it in awe for a moment before Hannah urged her on.
"Open it!"

Stella did as she was instructed and, inside the envelope, found a necklace and a homemade card.

The necklace was a ladybug charm on an old necklace chain, both of which Hannah had found in her room.

"You like it? I used an old necklace chain and I found the ladybug charm on my desk!" Hannah informed her.

"I love it!" Stella told her, sliding it over her head and putting it on.

"Read your card!" Hannah urged her.

Stella pulled the card out of the envelope and looked at the front, which was a picture of 3 stick figures, which represented Kelly, Stella, and Hannah.

Inside the card, a message was written in purple crayon. It read: "Stella, I'm very happy you are joining our family! You are amazing and I hope you and Dad get married soon! I love you, Mom! Love, Hannah."

"You like it?" Hannah asked.

Stella wiped a tear from her eye. "I love it. And I love you, munchkin."