Five

The way that this story is playing out it's as if someone is telling their story years later. I don't know if it's coming off like that because I am not very good at writing in the third person, but I know how I want it to be like?? I hope that makes sense. Thought I'd say something now lmaoo.

Also this is a very short chapter but that's because things will be moving quickly from now on!

_______

September 24th, 2016

Emilia awoke from her deep slumber with a raging headache and the feeling of possibly vomiting. She did not open her eyes for the first few minutes that she was conscious, she had a feeling that the room would be too bright and make her feel even worse.

She didn't quite remember the night before. She only remembered dancing with Markus and drinking a little too much. She also remembered seeing Harry, but maybe it was only a dream. He surely was not there, she thought. It felt so vivid though, so it would be a shame to not be real. Or a shame that it was real.

Emilia took a deep breath and forced her eyes open. At first it was too bright for her to make out where she was, but as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight she could see that she was in her own bed with her bedding thrown over her body.

She slowly sat up and looked around her apartment to make sure that she hadn't brought anyone home. Thankfully the apartment was empty. The only mystery now was how she got home.

She got up and made her way to her bathroom but had to stop when she heard the water running behind the closed door. Her heart sped up in her chest and her hand instantly formed into a fist. Although it has been years, she still remembered the defensive moves Justin taught her before she started high school. He was protective of her, and wanted her to be safe if any asshole boys tried to hurt her. She never had to act out the moves, plus she was kind of a paranoid person in these situations, so she had no idea how affective they would be.

The water was soon turned off leaving the apartment completely silent. The only downside to her small apartment is that the bathroom is the only separate room, so it was easy for her to not tell that anyone was in there from first glance.

Who had she brought home? Was it an intruder who needed to piss before they stole anything? Or was it some weird person she didn't remember hooking up with? Whoever it was, she wasn't prepared to confront them.

For a brief second she thought about calling the police. But, she had no idea where her phone would be after the night before. And she wouldn't have time before the person exited the bathroom.

As the bathroom door opened and revealed the individual that just used the facilities, a wave of relief washed over Emilia.

"I thought you were an intruder." she heavily sighed and ran her hand through her very messy hair.

"Sorry. I just passed out on your couch last night. I was way too drunk to go home." Fiona shrugged and smiled at Emilia. "You were so fun last night."

"I don't remember much." she bit her lip. "I don't even know how I got home."

"That Harry dude drove us. You were kind of slurring the whole way here and we didn't exactly know what you were saying. You fell asleep in the backseat and he carried you up here and put you in your bed. I changed you out of your clothes and just passed out."

"Why didn't he just take you home?" Emilia frowned.

"He had to go to work. An emergency or something, I dunno. I was just gonna call a Lyft or something but I figured I was too drunk to trust a random driver. You know Harry so I guess I trusted him."