Thoughts

I don't know what to think.

The government lied to us. They said they didn't do anything harmful to us, but they lied. How could they? We trusted them completely. Why would they lie to us?

That night, I made dinner by creating food with my aura. Connor asked whether it hurts, but it doesn't. And the missing pieces of my aura will recharge after a few minutes.

He told me that we weren't born with our powers, and that we'd gained it because the entire dome was radioactive, and the radiation made us gain powers. Connor also said that he'd gotten super speed when he was climbing the dome, and that he'd tripped over a rock while running, and super speed made him hurt much more than he would without.

He's told me that the torture machine was because the government heard rebellious chatter from these people, and the big thing? It was for stripping away random powers of the citizens so they could use it themselves.

But I still believe that the government has their reasons for doing that. They wouldn't hurt us for nothing, and Utopia is the best place ever. All of us live peaceful lives here, and isn't that good enough?

I turn over in my temporary bed and look at the ceiling of the underground hideout. So much has changed in barely four hours.

I used to be a normal Utopian living her life.

Now, I'm hiding a refugee who has nowhere to go.

I wish I knew exactly who Connor is, and what the government is doing.

And most importantly, what even is Utopia now?

It's not a perfect city anymore, and the government lies, and kids are tortured.

I don't think I even know why this feels so wrong.

As I ponder over this question, I hear some footsteps pounding by my room.

Who was that?

(Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is so short! I'll make longer ones next time!)