trois

"what size are you feeling today?"

he just let out a long sigh and ran through his hair that looked soft and fluffy. he had a dull look on his face, something that made the other boy feel a little bit sad.

"large. i need a large."

he placed a ten dollar bill on the counter instantly, waiting for the change.

"rough day?" he asked in a soft voice.

the mint haired boy looked into the cashier's eyes for a couple seconds then scoffed. "yeah.." he replied weakly, looking off to the side. "yeah i guess you could say that."

the boy scratched the back of his head, and as he did so, the other boy noticed a faint red line on his arm.

it looked like a scratch, but he wasn't sure and he wasn't going to ask.

he didn't say anything else and stared at the money on the counter. he then glanced around and made sure his manager wasn't around. once he was in the clear, he pushed it back towards the distressed boy.

"it's on me today."

"look, i don't need your pity ok-"

"it's not me taking pity, it's me being nice."

the other boy stayed silent, reluctantly placing the money back in his pocket while he started to make the same smoothie as always.

he seemed to be getting quicker at making it as the days passed by.

"thanks," the boy muttered.

"who said you were just off the hook like that?"

"eh? what do you want?"

the boy smiled as he looked at the boy in front of him.

"what's your name?"

he just looked at the cashier in silence.

"why?" he asked suspiciously. "did someone tell you to ask?"

"you mean those two guys that were in here last week?" he asked with a raised brow.

the other boy just glanced to the side, taking a small sip of his smoothie as he did so.

"no, they didn't tell me to ask. it's just that you come here so often, but i've never learned your name."

even though he was reluctant, he gave in.

"yoongi. my name is yoongi."

"i'm hoseok."