Act I: part i

Big, brown orbs stared at the phone with burning intensity. Her fingernails on her lip, chewing off the nail despite telling herself to stop. Her ebony, curly hair fell  down in her face, not that she cared at the time. The bronze night light illuminated her face, making shadows appear and dance on the surface of her skin. Any moment now, the phone was going to ring and deliver her life changing news. For five months she had been in her run down, bum looking apartment. This call was going to be her big break! She needed this deal.

A sigh escaped her plump lips. Who was she kidding? The modeling agency was supposed to cal her back ages ago. She fell back in her couch, the cotton surface tickling her bare arms. What was wrong with her? Why didn't these agencies call her back? She had the looks and she had the body. What more could they possibly want?

A loud, irratatung noise filled the small area. The phone!

Mentally cheering herself on, she wrapped her slender fingers around the telephone.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Diana loahman?"

"Yes! Ahem. Yes, this is."

"We're sorry."

Diana's smile faded, her eyes distorting into a look of confusion. Her lips parted.

"Uh- excuse me? Sorry for what?" She asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"How do I say this. . . We aren't looking for models of your kind at the moment." The man paused. "Try again in another few months."

Diana let the phone slip from her hands, letting her being fall on the couch. Her eyes glossed over as she felt tears fall down her cheeks.

"Uh, hello?"

Of course. Who was she to think that they would actually hire her? This was 1988. Who would put a dark-skinned model on the front of magazines?
She curled up in a ball and wrapped her arms around herself. Sobs escaped her lips at an alarming rate as she cried out in frustration.

The phone rang again.

The heaving in her chest wouldn't stop as she picked up the discarded phone.

"H-hello?" She said in a sorrowful voice, hiccups riddling her words.

"Girl, you won't believe what I just bo-- what's wrong with you?"

It was Kassidi, her best friend. The only person who supported her modeling career from the beginning. More tears fell down her face as she sniffled.

"Oh. . . They didn't call back, Did they?" Kassidi asked in a worried tone. Wiping her tears, Diana changed the subject.

"Tell me some good news, Kassi." She groaned, resting her forehead on her palm.

"Girl. I just copped two Michael Jackson tickets! Is you tryna come?"

A "what-the-actual-fuck" look crossed Diana's features.

"Kassi. Ain't that the nigga who slept in that chamber? Besides, Those cost a fortune. How did you get those? Ain't those sold out? Wait. Isn't the concert today?

"Bitch I nearly slapped the hell outta you. Look, It don't matter! What matters is that we're going. Get'cho depressed ass outta bed! I'm outside your apartment!"

A bang on the door startled the poor Diana.

"You schmuck! How the hell did you get here so fast?!"

"Open this damn door!"

Rolling her eyes and hanging up the  phone, Diana walked over to the door and opened it.

Kassidi walked inside, staring at the crying girl.

"Oh no. I'm not going to see Michael Jackson with you lookin' like a bum." She mused with an unamused face. Diana flipped the girl the bird. "I am not a bum. I'm a model."
Kassidi walked passed the girl, going in her closet.
"Put this on."

< • >

Diana was constantly getting pushed around in the crowded area. 'Hell nah' she thought 'Now I love me some Michael Jackson, but damnit it's too damn crowded.'

"KASSISI!" She screamed across the screeching crowd, of course she couldn't hear her.

The crowd suddenly got louder as the king of Pop himself appeared on stage. His hair was slightly ruffled, and he was wearing a white along sleeves shirt which partly showed his chest. He wore black fingerless gloves with buckles on it and the same for his pants. Black with buckles.

Hot. Damn.

He was fine as hell.

The drums started as he grabbed the microphone stand.

"You'll never hold me down, so take your weight off of me,"

He started. His voice was amazing! Not to mention Diana's ex-boyfriend was doing a great job drumming.

Wait.

The girl's eyes widened. Her ex was playing for the Michael Jackson?!

"I been here times before, but I was too blind to see. You seduce every man, this time you won't seduce me!"

Her suprised face slowly turned into a
sly smirk. This could play out in her favor. When she left Dan, her ex-boyfriend, he was a blubbering mess. Screaming for her not to leave his drunk ass. What if he was still like this? A sinister plan formed in the young woman's head.

"Dirty Diana! No!
Dirty Diana! No!
Dirty Di - Ana!"

_--------------------------_

Please Vote and comment for more chapters❤️