two

We were younger than ever

Sitting in the back of a corvette

And all I remember

Was lying naked in a summer sweat

Luke remembered when he first fell in love with Elle. She accidentally knocked the wing mirror of their tour bus straight off down the motorway and she was distraught. He could remember the look on her face when she noticed the damage - her dark brown hair messy from running her hands through it and her chocolate brown eyes filled with utter panic, even more so when the 4 boys stepped off the bus to greet her.

It clicked from there. The five of them grew close and Elle pushed her dream of University aside to focus on supporting her best friends and boyfriend on their numerous tours and shows and conferences, she didnt have a chance to live her own life. Luke knew that, but she never complained so he never brought it up and instead, took it for granted more than anything. And here she was 3 years later - still supporting him even when he treated her like shit.

They weren't the same couple they used to be, at all. Calum knew it, Mikey knew it, Ash knew it. Hell, the whole world knew it. They used to be that couple everyone loved, the power couple of the industry. They did everything together - road trips, interviews, cliche photos on social media. It had all changed now.

Luke sat impatiently on the sofa, his foot tapping the marble floor as the repetitive noise echoed throughout the silent apartment. He was angry. He didn't know if it was at Elle, or the paparazzi or the boys but he was angry.

Elle sauntered in with a bright smile on her face, oblivious to the boy that was almost a stranger sitting in front of her. Her beautiful grin made Luke's heart flutter a little, a smile he hadn't seen on his girlfriend in a long time.

"Luke?"

She was frozen a few metres from the door, the two of them staring intently at one another. She didn't know how to react at his appearance - should she be happy to see him after weeks? Or angry? Her mind buzzed but her posture stayed still as he stood up and held his phone out towards her.

"What's this, Elle?"

She could smell the slight breeze of lager in his breathe as he spoke, his tone indecipherable.

"Where have you been Luke?" She ignored the device in front of her, determined for answers from the boy infront of her. He held her gaze, unsure of what to say.

He stayed silent as his features were washed with guilt, sadness and pain.

"You know how I feel about the paps getting photos of us, why did you go out?"