Chapter 3- And So He Left

Seven days. That's how long it took, seven days. Seven days to finally be free, seven days to escape from all mirth and ill intent. it would have taken a longer time, save Ferris should have made himself less obvious... but it did not seem that way.

Halt held more guile than Ferris, he always had. More potential, more skill.

Of coarse this would hold some wrath within Ferris' heart, for he so desperately wished for his parents life style of royalty and prosperity. The problem with that wish... well, his twin was older, and it was most known within Hibernia that Halt would soon be king. Not Ferris.

So then he tried. One time was not enough. On and on, attempted murders were made against Halt. He was almost drowned... poisoned... Ferris did everything but it did not work! Halt, being as cunning as he was, caught on to all of these attempts. He understood fully what his brother was trying to do to him, and so he consoled to his mother.

She only replied, "be kind to your brother!" And so he left.

When he went into his father, he only replied, "how foolish will I let the future king be?" and so he left.

It was clear his parents did not believe him. How could they? They always favored Ferris more, being more of an open softy, as Halt put it.

And so he left all of Hibernia. No more would he tolerate the high life of being royal. He would grant Ferris' wish, only to laugh when Hibernia was burned to the ground on the account of him. He would show everyone who was true ruler, no matter how long it took. It would be accomplished. He only didn't notice the slight pain in the center of his chest, as he left his family forever.

--------------------------------------------------------

Many years later, more than Halt himself could count, Halt rode over the rolling hills of his home country. A fortnight ago, he had witnessed his brothers death... a death that he never thought would come to pass. For the first time in forever, he felt regret.
Not for the right reasons, he thought. He didn't feel regret about leaving his home in the first place... but regret for letting his brother die. Sure, Ferris would not care if Halt were in the same situation... but he couldn't help feel bonded by his twin. They were twins, after all. And he couldn't help but think of the times before Ferris let his jealousy get a hold of him. They had been good friends... Playing together... sharing everything together...

And so he died, nearly fifty years later.
But Halt didn't know, he lost count.

And so, all of his family was gone.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay!!! Another chapter!! It was just a short great big ball of sunshine, wasn't it? :D Hope you enjoyed!!

Comment and Vote!!

~Blue