- II -

[
"Leave me alone!"I cried,running away from the cyborgs that chase me.

After two or three years in the asylum,I was chosen to…'help' a business to research the structure of the brain and how mental illnesses affected it. Little did I know,they just wanted to use me to get further into a different project: take homeless kids off the streets,harvest their brains,put the brains though 'VR training',and turn them into an army of not only cyborgs--not normal ones,anyway-- cyborgs that were bred to become killing machines.
So,after 23 years of helping those monsters,I finally had enough and ran away,but not before finding a weapon,which was a neat looking knife. Sure,it may not be all that powerful,but Katja seemed to take a liking to it so,I grabbed it and also some blueprints that might prove to be useful...that is,if I make it out alive.]

"No,no,no,no…,"I muttered,as I ran away from one of Desperodo's latest recruit: an A.I. in the form of a robotic wolf that had a chainsaw tail and high-tech throwing knives in it's arsenal. I kept running as fast as I could,but the wolf was gaining ground faster than I could run. The A.I. throws a throwing knife in my direction as it skims my arms,sending a wave of burning pain through my body,causing me to cry out in pain. So distracted by the pain,I managed to trip over my own feet. From the ground,I looked forward in terror as the shadow of the A.I. wolf loomed over me.

"Die…,"the wolf said,as it raised it's tail while turning on it's chainsaw.

"Well,I guess this is it…,"I thought."I stand no chance…" I turned my head and shut my eyes tightly,bracing for the the one second of pain before the sweet release of death…

…but,it never came…

"Huh?"I hummed in confusion,opening one of my eyes to see a cybernetic man cut of the wolf's tail before cutting the A.I.,itself,in half with his sword. The cyborg had grey and black armour,platinum blond hair,and a black sword sheath with blue lights on his back--a sheath for,if I'm not mistaken,a high frequency blade.
He turns around,revealing his face. He only had one patch of light skin that stretched from his top lip to his forehead,a metal bottom jaw,and a grey cloth covered where his right eye would be while his left,steely blue eye remained in plain sight.

"You okay?"he asked.

I nodded,"Y-yes,for the most part,I'm alright,"I answered."A bit shaken and I got a minor slash wound from a throwing knife is all,but I've had worse."

"What's someone like you doing here anyways?"

"Well,a company here was using me for their studies about the structure of the human brain and how mental illnesses affected it,"I explained."I thought they had good intentions by it,but they were only using me to create an army of killing machines. I don't know how they do it, but they do,so I left."

"You were sick of being used as a lab rat…"

"Yes,precisely."

"Well,if you want,I can help you escape the country," he said.

"Really?"

"Yeah,I just need to finish my mission,then we'll leave."

"Oh,thank you so much! There's no words to describe how grateful I am!"

The cyborg smiled at me,"Hey,don't mention it,"he said,starting to walk as I followed.

We walked in silence for a moment,before the cyborg spoke up.

"You said something mental illnesses,right?"

"Yeah,the company studied how mental illnesses affected the brain,"I answered."Why do you ask?"