023

2 weeks later

I am checking up on Bella today. I get dressed lazily and I flashes to the main house.

"My lovely wife had arrived!" Jasper announces before kissing me passionately. "Hello, love."

"Hello, where's my sister?" I ask.

He points up the stairs, and I walk up them in human speed. Bella has a stomach now. Edward smiles painfully at me. I know he is scared right now. I smell dog and I growl.

"Ruby; what is it?" Emmett asks.

"There's a wolf here, and it isn't Sam." I say.

Edward looks outside when the sound of a motor bike on the drive. "Jacob."

"Oh great." I grumble. "He won't be happy."

I go outside on the balcony when Jacob starts yelling at Edward. I sit in the railing and I smell Jasper step outside with me. He wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses the back of my neck.

"I love you, Ruby Hale." Jasper whispers.

I lean back against him and I hear Jacob finally calming down. Jasper helps me back into the floor and I walk inside. Jacob has a sneer on his face toward Edward, and he doesn't notice me.

"Hi, Jacob." I greet.

He looks at me. "Hey, Ruby."

I grab a blood bag and I sip on it, sitting on a stool. I know my eyes are red, because I'm on a strict human blood diet.

I sit on the couch in the second level, and I open up a book from Jasper's room. Jasper sits beside me, and lets me lean against him while I read. Bella is on the love seat with Jacob. Edward is beside the door, looking beyond terrified.

"Eddie."

I put my book down and I hug my brother in law. "It's okay."

Edward actually hugs me back. "No it's not. I know Bella's gonna die, but I cannot stop it."

"None of us can." I reply.

Edward sighs before he steps into the balcony. I look at my sister before I just sit.

----

The next day

"What is it now?" Jacob asks when Rosalie tries arguing with Bella over baby names

"Rose is trying to talk me out of my baby names." Bella replies.

"Then I agree with you 100%." Jacob days with a sly smirk.

"I was thinking EJ for a boy, Edward Jacob." Bella smiles.

"Okay, maybe that one isn't too awful." Rosalie says with a sneer.

Edward walks in and I skip over to him. Edward smiles at me before looking at his wife.

Bella looks at Edward. "For a girl, I was messing with it mom's names, Renee and Esme. Renesme."

"Beautiful." Edward smiles.

"You're coming around." I whisper. "Good."

Alice goes to hand Bella a white glass of blood, while I'm sipping on my own glass, and we watch the glass slip right through Bella's fibers, colliding with the floor. Bella's back snaps and Edward flashes to catch her before she hits her head.

"What's going on?" I panic.

"The baby's coming." Rosalie yells.

Alice grabs a phone and the rush her to the den. I am frozen in my spot. My sisters dying? I fall to my knees before I decide I want someone to talk to. Jane. I dial her room of the palace and I listen to the line ring.

"Hello, Jane Volturi speaking." Her creepy voice echoes through the phone.

"Hi, Jane." I greet. "It's Ruby."

Jane gasps. "Ruby! We miss you here!"

I smile to myself. "I miss all of you too. Especially Cauis."

"I believe Cauis has missed you most." Jane chuckles. "Aro liked you being around because you're pretty and you're a tracker, you did us well."

"That's true." I reply. "Marcus liked me because I actually listened to him."

Jane sighs. "I know. He has been depressed since Aro killed his mate."

"Wasn't Marcus's mate Aro's sister?" I ask.

"Yup." Jane replies. "Marcus and his ante were planning to leave Aro. Aro didn't want to lose Marcus, so he killed his own sister."

"That's crazy."

I hear Bella's heart stop and I gulp.

"I have to go, Jane." I say. "It was good hearing your voice."

"It was good hearing from you, Ruby Hale." Jane says. "Cya. Oh, and congrats on the wedding."

We hang up and I go downstairs again.

"I'll take her." I say to Edward, who looks panicked. "I'm okay, I promise."

Edward looks at me hesitantly before handing Renesme over to me. I carry my niece and sit in front of the fireplace.

"Hi, Nessie." I coo. "I'm your aunt Ruby. I love you, little baby."

I smell love, and I hear knees hitting he wooden floor. By the scent, I know it's Jacob.

"Jacob, did you just imprint in my niece?" I ask.

"Y-yeah, I think I d-did." Jacob mutters.

"Come see her."

Jacob sits on the arm of the chair and he coos over her, u till we hear growls.

"Watch her, Ruby." Jacob says before he rushes outside.

I carry Nessie upstairs to my old room, and I lock the door. I lay her in the bed and I look out the window. Wolves. Sam, Paul, Jared, Seth, and Leah. I frown at them all and I grab Nessie.

I go down to the den with Nessie in my arms and I watch Bella.

"We're here, Bella." I whisper. "We're here."