Chapter One

Ladies and gentlemen, blocks and crafters, I, the Gamerwhogames, am here to give you the totally revamped version of "Bad Trade"! The word-count alone is enough to make a grown man cry tears of joy! Honestly, the original version of "Bad Trade" was a poor attempt at getting a better writing-style, as was "Diamonds". After a bit of experimenting, you'll see that in "Elevator" I mastered the writing style (not really, but you get what I mean). So, I decided to write this! It follows the same basic story-plot, but just has better words and a few extras to make the story more interesting. How? Well, let's put it like this: If you liked sexy Aiden, you're going to love this.

WORDS OF FALSE ALARM! This isn't lemon, or non-con. If you've read "Bad Trade" before, this one's pretty much the same, just better.

Well, hit it, Crisper!

Crisper: (hits it)

Petra tried to act cool and collected as she walked down to the Ocelots' house, keeping her hands in her pockets and her head level. When she got to their front porch, she knocked on the oak-door and waited silently. She glanced at her watch which told her it was 4:52, and her stomach shifted. She didn't have much time. At five o'clock, no sooner and definitely no later, she was supposed to meet someone who'd saved her life, only if she didn't show up, he'd probably be the one to ruin it, or worse. She'd borrowed food from him one night, promising to pay him back later with an emerald. The food saved her life from near-starvation. It was truly a blessing, but it was about to transmogrify into a curse that would leave her worse off than hungry.

The door opened and she looked up, making eye contact with a blond she knew as Lukas. "Hey, Petra," he greeted.

"Hey," she said with a friendly wave. "Hey, could I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. Why don't you come inside so we can talk?"

"I can't. I've gotta be somewhere soon."

"Is everything alright?" He asked concernedly.

"Things are fine." She white-lied. Some things were fine, others weren't. She never said which things.

"Alright. What do you need?"

"I hope it's not too much, but do you have an emerald on you?" She asked, her eyes squinted as if it was a pain to ask. Lukas glanced at the floor, trying to remember the last place or time he'd seen an emerald. When he remembered, he pursed his lips. Petra nervously watched his tense expression.

"Well, I don't have one, but I know someone who does."

"Really? Who?" Petra asked brightly. Lukas frowned her way, slightly dampening her mood.

"You're not gonna like this," he said. "Aiden's the only one here with an emerald."

Petra tried to hide her growing ire, but her eyes and cheery smile instantly fell to the floor. Out of the corner of her eye, her watch told her it was 4:5. She knew she'd have to suppress her feelings for now. She forced a smile, squeezing her hands into fists in her pockets. "That'll be fine. Where is he?" She quickly asked.

"Hang on, let me go get him." When Lukas went into the house, her fake smile fell even faster than her real one, and she glared at her feet. Aiden. His harsh beratement of anyone he deemed less than him (everyone) was enough to make anyone with a conscience squirm, and she'd done herself some squirming. Anyone who could see past the black leather-jacket, his laid-back grin and general Ocelot-perks knew to keep her distance from him. Petra was one of those people, but there was someone who really didn't get that: Aiden himself. If he wasn't joking about someone's weight or another's last-year's fashion-sense, he was paying Petra compliments. Flirtatiously. And too many of them! If she had an emerald for every time she had to send him a glare (a glare he completely ignored), she'd be able to do dinner-deals for eternity. He didn't seem to get that she didn't want anything to do with him. And if he thought she was one of those hard-to-get girls who would eventually come begging for him, she was going to—