Chapter 13

I don't know why I did, but I completely froze. This guy wasn't toying around. Or so it seemed. "NO DON'T!" I screamed at them. He seemed to relax and leaned back in his seat from across the table. "So, do you accept my very generous offer, I told you it was hard to turn down!" he smirked at me but didn't motion for the men to put their guns down. I wasn't going to let them kill him, though I know he would be against me doing this for him. But he had suffered enough. He had been through too much. 

Now I would take the pain. It was my turn.

"Fine, I accept." I said. I knew I was playing with fire. There was no getting out of this. I was hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned, and I wasn't going to risk them shooting Bucky. He deserved to finally live a normal life, though I knew he would always have to hide. No matter what. "I'm glad you accepted, though, I'm sorry to inform you, we won't be letting him go anytime soon" he then laughed. 

No, no, no, no! They wanted him too! I should have known they wouldn't have killed him. Not their biggest and most successful project ever! I had literally just walked right into a trap, and dragged Bucky along with me. The guards next to me picked me up under my arms, and dragged me to the other side of the glass, out of the room. Away from Bucky. I screamed his name. He was awake now. He saw me. He was still him.

He screamed back at me, telling me not to do this. That he could take the pain. But there was no going back now. They strapped me to what seemed to be a wall. They held sharp things in my face. Needles, knives, surgical tools. I was scared, but I didn't show it. It was Bucky's turn to scream my name. 

That's when they started having fun.

They punched me. Punched me everywhere. My ears were ringing and the world was spinning. My arm felt like a dead weight. Bucky screamed for me the whole time. I couldn't block them. I could only hang there and simply let this happen. Then they pulled the knives. But first, they wheeled Bucky over to me. My eyes were already half shut and my face was covered in bruises. I didn't have to look in a mirror to know that. He reached out to me, with his human hand. I could barely move my arm, but I reached out to him. I ignored the shooting pain in my arm and reached out further. I gripped his hand tightly. "Now Mr. Barnes, take one last look at this girl here. Study her. Remember her face. Now, watch closely, and see what you have caused this girl to go through. Your disobedience requires a punishment, and this is it. She will transform before your very eyes!" The doctor then held something up in his hand. I could no longer see clearly. All I tried to focus on was Bucky's face. The only thing in this room that didn't want to cause me harm. He was screaming, and what looked to be tears streamed down his face. He truly cared about me, so it was my turn to let him know how much I truly cared about him. My last words to him was, "I love you brother" I couldn't hear myself say it, but I had said it before. To myself. Preparing for the day when I would say those words to him. He was indeed like a brother figure in my life. The brother I never really had for a long time. I was going to tell him before, but then this had happened and there would be no other opportunity, it seemed.

I did not expect to have to say this now as a needle was stuck into my arm and the world faded once again. But the pain. The pain stayed with me.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN! Thank you for continuing to read this till the end. I promise, the end is near! Thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for reading. You don't know how much it means to me!