I

"Hey!! Give it back!!" It was the first day of school and I had already had my phone stolen twice. I wasn't about to loose it again. I was more than half of Cyle's size and he had been rubbing it in my face since last summer. How was I supposed to know coffee was going to stunt my growth when I got up every morning at the butt crack of dawn?!? Anyway being the tallest girl in school had both its advantages and disadvantages but when your best friend is 6'2 and you're only 5'9, being the tallest girl didn't matter.

"Out of all the girls in school why do you always torment me Cyle??? You know my phone is my life." He slowly brings down my phone from out of the air not quite ready to give it back to me yet. "If I give this back to you, I get to drive you home, got it?" He gives me a quick hug and slips my phone into my back pocket. "See you after band!" He skips out of the room to 7th period. Did he just say what I think he just said? Drive me home?!?! I mean he always drives girls home but me?!?! He can't possibly like me like that. When I told him I liked him he blew it off and said we were just friends. Right. Just friends. Why am I overreacting? It's obviously just something friends do. Just friends.....

7th period is definitely not my favorite class. I love what's being taught but I hate the people in that class. In a competitive Colorguard class with almost 72 students, I'm not necessarily the nicest person there. There are only two people I even have the audacity to call my friends. These girls are like cheerleaders with a bigger ego. How is that even physically possible?? "Hey Crystal, how's the boy toy?!" "TAYLOR!!! Shhhhhh!" Taylor is my best female friend. She knows anything and everything about me. However sometimes it's hard for her to keep her mouth shut, specially when it's some juicy info about the love life I don't have. "Sorry, I keep forgetting you don't want to tell anyone him which I completely don't understand. Ryan so likes you back and you know it." "You're a doll but no. You know damn well he doesn't like me and that I don't have a chance so we will leave my so called 'boy toy' alone" Why do the best guys always have to be gay, taken, or both? Ryan. The hottest guy in school. He is perfect. He's smart, handsome, funny, sexy, did I say hot? Oh and he's in band!!!!!! That's a plus, but a minus that we barely talk. I just wish he knew how much I like him. Many he would dump that hoe girlfriend of his if he did.

"Rehearsal starts in ten minutes!!! Be on the field with instruments and flags ASAP!" I fill up what little room I have left in my water bottle with ice, grab my flags, and head out to the field. "Hey!! We should talk!" I feel a forceful pull on my arm and I'm yanked back into the band hall and out through the commons. "Hey!!! What are you doing!!?!?! I take band guard seriously and no one stops me from going to prac........." It was him. Ryan had pulled me out here. Well if I'm going to miss practice it might as well be for him.........