Chapter 46

Chapter 46

I listen to the sounds of a college dorm as I pace back and forth through the small room. My feet hitting softly on the cold floor, making a noise each time. Luke has just left to return to work, leaving me to figure out a way to talk to Michael.

I have some ideas in mind, but none of them are special enough to me. Most of them involve me just telling him, but that just seems too boring for my taste. I need to make it something he will remember, something that will make him get knots in his stomach when he thinks about it. Something that will let him know how special he is to me.

I glance around the room, looking for inspiration. I figure that all of the posters on the wall would give me something, but nothing creeps it’s way into my mind. I am drawing a complete blank, and it is starting to become irritating. I hate not knowing what to do, or not being in control of my own mind, it just stresses me out.

I pace for another good twenty minutes, but still nothing is coming to my mind. I decide to get dressed, maybe that will help me think it through. It should pressure me with time, so I will feel the need to come up with something. I grab my black tights, with little flower designs, pulling some dark shorts on top of them. Then I get a crop top with a floral design, sliding my black vans onto my feet.

Then a idea hit me, I quickly jump up from the bed, almost tripping on my backpack. But I make my way to the desk, and get to work.

………..

I quickly push my way through the standing area, getting a few dirty looks from some of the fans. But I don’t care, this is important. In their defense, I would be kind of annoyed if someone was pushing too, but they don’t know the half of it.

I settle myself into the least claustrophobic spot that I can manage. It is a few minutes of chatter filled waiting before the boys make it on the stage, Ashton is the first to notice me, giving me a small wave. The audience blasts into screams as they begin to grab their instruments, it is so loud I’m afraid the small windows might break. The boys do some quick stage banter before beginning the show. I tap my foot along to the songs, I am beginning to become nervous, my hands are shaking at my sides.

They play through Try Hard, and Heart Break Girl, then they tell a story about what had happened during their week. Since nothing really exciting happened, they just told them all of the movies they have watched recently. Having some little arguments about which one was the best, and why. Then they begin to play a new song that I had never heard, when Luke introduced it he said it was called VooDoo Doll.

I have a hunch that Michael wrote most of it, from the lyrics it is basically talking about how a girl is making him go crazy. I think we are both in the same boat here, I thoroughly enjoyed the song, mostly because I could relate to it so well.

When the song is over, I see Luke catch my eye in the crowd, he gives me a look before talking into the microphone, he just rambles on about some random things. He is stalling for me, I know it. I quietly and carefully raise my arms up over my head, bringing along a poster with me. My stomach starts to turn, what are they going to say?

“Can you turn the spotlights down?” Calum asks to the technician, “I can’t read that poster”

This grabbed everyone’s attention, it got extremely quiet, well as quiet as a concert can get. All eyes were directed on me. I move the poster down over my face, just before the tech man fixes the lights.  I hear some muffled voices as they begin to read the sign that is shielding my face.

“For the people in the back, it says Michael, I love you” I hear Ashton read.

“Aw, looks like you’ve got a secret admirer, Mikey” Calum teases, I can see Michael blush under the harsh lights. The fans immediately break into hysterics, starting with deafening screams.

I have to act fast before they divert their attention to something else, I hear Luke clear his throat, urging me to do something. These few seconds feel like hours in my mind, I slowly lift the poster up higher, so everyone can see my face.  

“Aw, that’s so swee-“ Micheal begins, but his voice breaks when he notices my face.

It is like a scene in a movie, it was almost cliché, but the room was almost dead silent, especially since none of the boys were saying anything. It feels like it is just him and I, we are completely alone, having a wonderful moment all to ourselves. I watch as Michael’s face alternates between a happy and shocked expression, then he puts on a gigantic smile.

“I love you too” he says into the mic, not breaking eye contact. “I love you so much”

This is when the happy tears begin to flow, finally happy tears, and not ones filled with pain. I move the poster back down, putting it to my side. I was still getting some stares from the people around me because of the scene I just caused, but I couldn’t care less. I just told my boyfriend I loved him, and he said it back, so not one thing is going to ruin this moment.

He is my  boyfriend right? Because if he isn't this is going to be extremely awkward in the long run. Hopefully we feel the same way or I'm going to look like the biggest fool ever, and that is not ideal. 

The boys finish their set, Michael tending to search for me in the crowd during the songs, each time he found me, he would flash a huge grin. When it was over, everyone else is shooed out of the venue, but I stay behind until the venue is nearly empty. Once all the fans are gone, the only noises that are around are carts rolling to move equipment, and the staff sweeping the floor clean.

I stand there for another ten minutes as I watch some workers take apart all of the things on stage, they seem to be hard at work, not even noticing I’m here. Suddenly, I hear a door to my left open, and a very sweaty Michael pokes his head out. When he notices me standing in the middle of the room, he swiftly pulls the door all the way open. I brace myself as he runs at me, wrapping his strong arms around me, pulling me off the ground and spinning us both in a circle.

Once he sets me down, his lips are immediately against mine. There is something different this time, neither of us seem to be holding back on anything. He pulls away from the kiss before placing kisses all along my cheeks and jaw.

“I love you” he says before each  sweet peck.

“You are aware that whole thing was extremely cheesy, right?” Michael asks, beaming like an idiot.

“Yes” I giggle, “But I figured that it suited us, cause I’m a bit of a dork”

“I can’t disagree with that” he laughs

“hey-“ I begin to protest, but he puts his lips back on mine, prohibiting me from talking anymore.

“Get a room” I hear Luke laugh from behind us. I turn around and he is leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

“Gladly” Michael mumbles, but I lightly elbow him in the stomach.

“Shut up, Hemmings” I tease.

“Ooh, touchy” he chuckles, pushing himself off the wall and walking towards us.

“I’m glad the two love birds are happy again” He says, ruffling both of our hair.

“Me too” Michael smiles down at me, linking his hand with mine. I missed that, my hand looked so empty without his fingers in the spaces of mine.

“Wooo” I hear Ashton scream as he enters the big empty room, his cheery voice echoing off the concrete walls.

He runs in and stops next to Luke, flashing smiles between the three of us and taping his fingers on his thighs, the adrenalin obviously hasn’t resided from him yet.

“Hey Luke?” Ashton says, with a confused look on his face.

“Yeah Ash?” Luke replies, looking over at him.

“What’s today’s date?” Ashton asks with a smile, little idiot.

“Erm, November 21st I belive” He answers, and Ashton nods.

“Oh my god” I say in one breath.

“What’s wrong?” Michael asks, completely concerned.

“Tomorrow is my brother’s birthday” I say looking up at him with wide eyes.