Chapter 2

Sitting on a bench waiting for Olivia, I watch as a couple kids play Shark on the playground screaming and laughing. I smiled remembering playing the same game with my old friends when I was seven.

"Do I have to play?"I whined looking over at Adina while hanging upside down from a monkey bar.

"No getting around it,"Adina remarked crossing her arms and glaring at me with her brown eyes.

"Okay, Okay!", I grumbled flipping over and landing on my feet almost falling over.

"We need more people..."I looked around and spotted a familiar boy sitting alone underneath an oak tree.

"Be right back!"I ran away quickly towards the boy and sat next to him nudging his arm.

"Hey Jacka Boy,"I grinned and ruffled his hair.

"Hey April." He smiled at me and ruffled my hair in return.

"Wanna go play Shark with me and Adina?" I smiled up at him crossing my fingers silently.

"Sure," He shrugged and got up heading towards the playground while I got up and ran after him.

Out of breath, I smiled and caught up standing next to Jack.

"You know how to play Shark right?" Adina looked up at Jack and cocked an eyebrow.

"No..."Jack said rubbing a hand through his golden brown hair.

Adina sighed and began explaining how to play,"Okay, so one person plays as the shark and tries to attack the people on land. In order for you to 'attack' someone, you have to touch them on the leg or something like that. Once they are tagged, they become the new shark and the person who played shark before becomes a person on land with the others. Its pretty much like tag."

Jack nodded,"Got it."

"Okay, so whoever says last is shark! One two three not it!", Adina smirks.

We quickly repeated, leaving me to be the last one to speak making me the shark.

"Uggggghhhhhh,"I groaned while everyone quickly ran to the playground.

Adina quickly yelled,"Also you can't touch the water or you automatically become shark!" We both nodded and the game quickly began.

I ran up and managed to sneak up behind a wide eyed Jack who yelped and jumped away right before I reached towards him. Looking over to my left, I saw Adina trying to get across to the other side of the playground using the monkey bars trying not to touch the water. Grinning I quickly ran up to her causing her to lose her concentration and let go of the bar landing on her feet.

"Guess I ain't shark no more,"I grinned and jumped onto the playground running over to the steps next to were Jack ran off to.

Adina ran over to me as I quickly ran up the steps and sat in the slide for cover, while Jack dangled off the pole where Adina tried to jump up and tag his foot.

"You are so frustrating I swear,"She mumbled and rolled her eyes.

I heard Adina run up and try to jump up to tag me but failing miserably. She then decided to run up the slide making me scream and lose my balance while I tumbled down.Did I mention she is very aggresive when it comes to winning games?

I tumbled down the slide while Adina ran back down tapping my shoulder smirking. "Your it"

I groaned and got up while she ran back onto the playground cheering with glee.