Burning Trust

(Experiment X's POV)

  I didn't really have a choice did I? Oh who am I kidding if I had a choice I wouldn't be here in the first place. All of this was my force and anyone that doesn't believe that is the biggest idiot on the planet.

  I looked up at Hatch's face he was deadly serious; when I was previously in the family I knew if he looked like this it was best to leave him alone. Sadly there's no escaping this look.

  "Y...yes sir Hatch," I said looking him directly in eye.

  "Good"---he leaned towards my face---"If just one of them escapes you will be severely punished."

  "Can someone come with me?" I asked disconnecting the wires from my skin

  "No you can handle it by yourself. Now you better get going your only wasting your time."

  I nodded and used my powers to turn the material that my clothes were made out of into rubber. Then created a copper helmet so Taylor's powers couldn't reach me.

  "Thank you for this opportunity," I said then atom by atom disappeared to Level D

  (Cela's POV)

  I was forced into Hatch's office by Tara who eyed my angrily. Okay maybe stared is the more appropriate term because she wouldn't stop looking at me.

  "Okay, what did I do?" I asked annoyed

  "You helped her pass the lie detector test!" she yelled 

  I arched my eyebrow in confusion. "I don't even have that power," I said walking toward the door. Tara blocked my way and started tapping her right foot so hard on the floor I thought she would fall through it.

  "You know don't play-" Hatch cut her off.

  "Tara that's enough. Go to your room and we'll talk about this later," he ordered. 

  Tara left but not before giving me the evil eye, the one that said 'This isn't over'

  "What was that about?" I asked looking up at Hatch

  "It will all be explained in due time Cela. I don't think I can fully trust you...yet."

  What's up with this guy and trust? I thought

  "Well sorry for not being...trustworthy but what does that have to do with you not telling me about my powers?"

  "You must give trust for you to receive it, and I don't trust you enough to provided you with the answers to your questions."

  I narrowed my eyes into slits and stared at him. "What do I have to do to earn your trust?"

  (Experiment X's POV)

  When I materialized on Level D the guards that were 'guarding' the cell were strew across the floor. Most of them were weaponless and bleeding badly...so that means they have weapons now...great. Not that I wished they hadn't escaped I'm actually pretty proud of them...but sadly this isn't their time to become free yet.

  As I was walking down the hallway toward the elevator (so I could block off their exit) I heard a clicking sound from behind me followed by..."Don't move," said a voice. It sounded male so it must be Ian.

  "I'm sorry," I whispered just before dematerializing and materializing behind him. I took off the copper helmet and hit him over the head with the back of it. Ian collapsed to the ground unconscious.

  Now for the others, I thought as I put the helmet back on

  As much as I hated to admit this was the most fun I've had in ages. I guess it's not surprising though considering I've spent the last two years in a dark cell.