Part Ten

Laura's POV

*Game Day*

I drive my black Dodge Challenger into my spot at the UC. I smile at the Coach Cappelli sign that marks my spot. I've dreamed about this moment since I was a kid and now I've made it. I get out of my car and see Jonathan pull up in his car. He makes eye contact with me as he gets out of his car, but quickly ducks back inside once he sees me. I ignore him, still mad over what I saw a couple nights ago. I grab my bag from the backseat and head into the arena. Screw Jonathan, we have a game to win. 

Becca's POV

I'm sitting in front of my mirror, making sure my hair is just perfect and that my makeup isn't too cakey. I don't exactly love being an ice girl, but it helps bring in money. Plus, I get to work with my friend Laura, who's the assistant coach for the Hawks. I'm adjusting the ties on my top when I hear another girl, Alysson, talking about Laura. "Yeah, did you hear about Laura and Jonathan? Like, I heard they're fighting. Maybe they'll, like, break-up and he'll start dating a real girl, like me." she says, snapping her gum and tossing her over-teased blonde hair. "She's so ugly anyway, like, why would you want to, like, coach a team when you could, like,  just get paid to, like, skate around and look pretty." She starts adjusting her top, pushing up her boobs until they're practically touching her chin. I can't stand Alysson to begin with and now that's she's talking about my friend, I have a few choice words to say to her. I get up and march over to her. "Hey Alysson," I say. She fake-smiles at me, "Oh hey Becca. Are you ready for tonight?" "Look, if you have something to say about Laura, I would recommend saying it somewhere else. And if you think you're getting with Jonathan, I would think again. He'd rather quit hockey than date your skanky blonde ass." She gasps as I turn around and walk away. "At least I'm not a slut," she tries to comeback at me. "Takes one to know one," I yell back, heading out to the arena. 

Jonathan's POV

I duck back into my car when I see Laura. "Duck down," I whisper to Andrew and Brandon Saad. I don't want Laura to see what we have planned. I have to get her back and this is the only way I could possibly think of doing so. Once she leaves and goes into the arena, we get out of the car and grab all our stuff. "Ok, Saader, remember you gotta make sure she doesn't run into us so she doesn't see all this stuff, ok?" He nods and heads into the arena. "Let's go Shaw," I say, following him inside. We sneak into the side entrance, peeking around the corner for Saad. He gestures us to move forward, so we rush forward to the locker room door. "All clear?" I ask him. "Yep, she's on the ice right now, so you got some time." he says. Andrew and I go in and hide everything in the little storage room next to his locker. I know Laura won't check there, so it'll be safe. Brandon follows us in, once he's done making sure the coast is clear and we start getting ready for the game. We're the first ones there, but Keith and Bollig soon show up, followed by Versteeg and Smith. We're all ready to go, when Coach Q and Laura walk in. 

Laura's POV

All the guys are ready when I come back to the locker room. "Ok guys, it's a full crowd tonight, as always, so I want to hear Chelsea Dagger as many times as possible. Fleury's goalie tonight, so look for his weaknesses. Remember what we practiced with powerplays yesterday and play as a team. This is not a game of individuals, this is a team sport. Let's go!"

Jonathan's POV

The crowd in the arena is cheering and we get up to go. As I pass by Laura, I look her in the eye, and whisper "I'm sorry." I hold my head high as I enter the arena, the cheering crowd bringing energy into my blood. I let all my problems fall away as we listen to Jim sing the anthem. This is about the game right now. It's about our team and one goal. Concentrate, Jonny, concentrate.