Chapter 5

Daniel Weston

Charlotte Moore didn't come to school Monday. She didn't show up Tuesday either, or Wednesday. That scared me shitless. This girl-- woman I've cared about for years has been MIA for three days after our wonderful weekend. Was she skipping school because of me? Did she get sick from those idiots throwing her into the pool in the middle of March? I do not know. I just needed to see her here and confirm that she was okay.

I had this gut feeling that her sonofabitch father was the reason she skipped school, but deep down I also thought it had something to do with me. I confessed my feelings to her and she didn't respond the way I would have liked her too. She's wonderful, so goddamn beautiful and I can't believe I stole her first kiss.

Oh god. She must hate me for that. I stole her first kiss. And then I stupidly agreed to stay out of her life, even though I knew I couldn't. I just got her back and I sure as hell was not letting Charlotte go again.

I sat in my car as I dialed her phone number for the hundredth time, and no, I'm not exaggerating. I waited anxiously as the phone rang and rang and rang. My heart sank as it went to voicemail again. Her beautiful voice told me to leave a message at the tone.

"Hey, Charlie, it's me again. I know I sound stalker-ish right about now, but I'm worried about you. You haven't shown up at school and it's almost the end of the week. Just please, pick up. I need to hear your voice." I muttered into the phone before ending the call. I grabbed my bag and locked my car after getting out of it. I walked up to my house and immediately relaxed when I smelled my grandmother's lasagna; mom's home.

"Daniel, is that you?" Mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, Mom," I yelled, throwing my bag near the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and kissed my mom's cheek as I grabbed a cup that was near her. I filled it with water and chugged it down as Mom grabbed two of the brownies she made and handed me one.

"How was your day?" She asked. I sighed and pushed a hand through my dark hair. Mom looked at me with her chocolate eyes. I definitely got those from her. I got my hair from dad, since mom is naturally blonde like Clara.

"I'm worried about Charlotte." I mumbled. Mom has been there to hear me rant on about her, and swoon over her, and just listen to me go on and on about Charlotte. That girl has me wrapped around her pinkie finger and she doesn't even know it.

"What happened?" Mom asked.

"I don't know." I sighed, taking a bite of the brownie. "She came over this weekend and hashed things out, but she made me promise to stay away from her once Monday came. I couldn't do that Mom. No matter how hard I tried. So on Monday, I waited for Charlotte at her locker and she never came, same thing on Tuesday and Wednesday." I explained to her. Mom bit her lip as she stared at her brownie.

"Call her to invite her over Friday for dinner. If she doesn't pick up or show up to school tomorrow, go to her house and ask her. And tell Charlotte I won't take no for an answer." Mom said sternly. "Now, finish your brownie and go get your sister for dinner."

Thursday came and I waited for Charlotte at her locker. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her walking towards me. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a French Braid and her glasses were resting comfortably on her nose. I frowned when she neared me. I could see the faint outline of a new bruise under her right eye and a few burn marks on her neck. I can't believe he touched Charlotte again. He should rot in hell for harming his own flesh and blood. Charlotte's face twisted into a scowl as she stopped in front of me.

"Go away Weston." She said in a monotone voice. I moved so she could access her locker and grab her items. "Why are you still here?" She spat.

"I can't stay away from you, Charlotte. Didn't you get my calls?" I quipped. She nodded and walked away from me, but I easily caught up to her. "Charlotte—"

"Please, Weston, I'm begging you. Leave me alone." She pleaded with me. "You promise me that you'd stay away." I sighed and shoved my jeans into my front pockets.

"I know I did, Charlie." I said. "But I can't. No matter what I did over the past few days, I just couldn't do it. You've got me wrapped around your little finger, babe." Charlotte stayed quiet as she tried to shake me off her trail.

"What class do you have first today?" I asked as I slid an arm around her thin waist. It was too thin for my liking. Was that bastard starving her too? She looked at the ground as she gently pulled away from me.

"It's my free period first." She mumbled, holding her books closer to her chest. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the guy’s bathroom, and locked the door behind us. I took Charlotte's books and threw them across the empty room and pushed her up against the door.

"Charlotte," I rumbled, pressing my lips to the side of her neck. "What did he do to you?" I pulled back and gripped the bottom of her sweater, and pulled it over her head to get a better look at her wounds. I bit the inside of my cheek as my eyes traveled over the fresh bruises, cigarette burns and a few knick’s on her upper arms from a blade.

"Stop looking at me." She whispered, reaching out for her sweater. I shook my head and threw the article of clothing on the floor. My hands found her waist and I drew Charlotte to me. I needed to protect her. She struggled against me as I held her and kissed her battle scars.

"You're beautiful." I mumbled against her skin. "And wonderful, and you don't deserve these. You don't deserve anything that bastard does to you." She sniffed as she slowly wrapped her arms around my waist.

"D-Daniel," She whimpered. "Please don't do this." She begged. I tightened my hold on her petit frame as I buried my nose in her hair.

"Let me save you Charlotte. You don't need to go through this anymore." I reasoned. She shook her head softly.

"I only have a year left, Daniel. I'll make it through, I swear on my mother's grave." She whispered. I sighed in defeat. I knew this girl wasn't going to give up.

"Fine, but if you need me, call. You have my number." I mumbled as I pulled back and cupped her face. "And my mom wants you over for dinner tomorrow. She told me to say that she won't take no for an answer."

*

*

*

*

*

Hello Lovelies!

New update! The Girl In The Music Shop will either be updated Friday/Sunday or sometime next week.

Again, I wont be on Wattpad all of Friday and part of Saturday. Got that? I will have no wifi, I will be celebrating a religious milestone with my family.

How are your weeks? Going good I hope.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho