01

if all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed then we should feed our jewelry to the sea for diamonds do appear to be, just like broken glass to me

"Juvia, it's not your fault. It's not any of our faults. These things just happen." Gray did his best to comfort his broken wife who lay slumped in their large bed. She didn't cry, she didn't yell. It was like his usually very emotional wife had lost it. And in a way, she did. Juvia woke up last night to go to the bathroom, thinking nothing of it. Yet when she went to empty her bladder, she noticed something gravely wrong- a pregnant woman should not get her period.
"Gray! Oh my god, Gray!" She yelled for her husband to come, and upon his name being repeated in such a terrified manner he darted out of bed. What he saw would be forever ingrained into his head- his beautiful wife passed out on the toilet and bleeding profusely. He called the hospital, horrified and confused. From all of the commotion, he heard his little boy cry from his room. He rushed to his room and grabbed his phone.
"Lucy?" Gray sounded desperate.
"Gray? What's wrong?" She automatically went into panic mode.
"J-Juvia..." His voice cracked with unshed tears.
"Gray, what is going on?" Lucy asked, already throwing on a pair of Toms and waking her sleeping husband.
"I think Juvia lost the baby." Gray muttered, broken and painfully. Lucy took a sharp intake of breath. She couldn't imagine it.

and then she said she can't believe, genius only comes in storms of fabled foreign tongues, tripping eyes and flooded lungs, northern downpour sends its love

Lucy and Natsu showed up at the same time the ambulance did. Gray watched as his wife came to and watched as she screamed in agony over the news of losing her unborn baby. As his tears rushed through his eyes, Lucy ran into the house. Natsu couldn't go in, it'd kill him. He couldn't see that. She pulled him in for a hug, and he sobbed. He bawled his eyes out in mourning for his baby and out of the pain of seeing his wife in such a distressed state. Lucy took the child out of Gray's arms as Juvia sat staring at the wall. Her face was unreadable. She looked, for lack of a better word, dead. The EMT approached Gray and told him the grim news. They had lost their child, Juvia was okay but would most likely be traumatized for a long while. It literally crushed Gray's soul.

"Juvia. Juvia, come on, baby. You have got to eat something." Gray hugged his wife, his hand sliding across her thin back with ease. Her entire body shook, both from nerves from the previous night and the loss of her baby. She was in so much unimaginable pain that she couldn't speak, she just cried. And she cried. She cried. She cried. She cried.
"Okay, if you're not gonna eat and are just gonna seclude yourself from the outside world I'll be right here, Juv." He pulled her closer to his chest and kissed the top of her head.
"I'll always be right here."

hey moon, please forget to fall down, hey moon don't you go down