C

"I'm Y/n Cunningham. I have one brother, no pets, and this is my first time in a public school." I simply said and seated myself.

"First time in a public school?" He repeated, "That's very interesting. Next."

I sighed as I felt extra, unwanted weight lift off my shoulders. We went around the room and after everyone introduced themselves, the class turned back to the teacher.

"Well I'm Mr. Oliver and I have four dogs, two children, and I teach history for seniors." He smiled, "I'll be your homeroom teacher for the next four years and that mean this will be your homeroom class, so I suggest you get to know each other now."

He gave us one more smile before walking to his desk. I didn't dare look around the room because I felt everyone look at me. They clearly knew each other, but I was the new one; no one knew anything about me.

Someone tapped on my shoulder, making me turn. There was a guy with light brown hair, a rather large forehead, thin glasses that covered his eyebrows and alluring, hazel eyes.

"I'm Craig and can you feel everyone else's eyes on you too?" He introduced himself. He had a happy, British accent.

I chuckled, "I'm Y/n and yes, I can."

"You've never been in a public school?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I've never even seen a locker till today."

He nodded, "I can say the same about school buses."

"Is it appropriate to ask where you're from?" I asked.

He chuckled, "You're very proper and polite. I'm from the U.K. but I've lived in around six countries."

I widened my eyes, "Six?"

He chuckled while nodding, "Yeah, it's kind of why my accent is all over the place."

"I think it's...um..." I started snapping my fingers, trying to think of the word, "cool."

"I know I already said you're very proper, but why?" He asked.

"I grew up in an orphanage where you had to be proper and it was adopted at age ten." I explained, "Plus, the private school I used to go to would never allow misbehavior."

He nodded, "Makes sense."

The bell rang and we all stood up. "May I ask what class you're going to?"

He smiled and pulled out his schedule. "Um...Literature with Mrs. Mattings." He said.

"I am as well." I said, "Mind if I walk with you?"

He smiled, "Sure, but I don't know where I'm going."

"I do." I said as we walked out of the class together.

~

I sat in my fourth hour study hall class, reading when the bell rang. I quickly packed all of my stuff together and headed out of the classroom. Craig was the only person I really made friends with, everyone else talked to their own friends while I read.

I got to the cafeteria and saw Marcel and Delirious waiting at the table I smiled when they spotted me.

"How's you're first day so far?" Marcel asked as he took my books from me and placed them under the chair next to his.

"Not the worst. I had a bit of trouble with my locker, but I wasn't late." I said, I quickly scanned the room and saw more people looking at me, "Why does everyone keep looking at me?"

"Because they don't know you." He explained, "Did you make any friends?"

I nodded and looked around, looking for Craig. "His name is Craig and he's from the U.K." Craig walked in and I waved him over. He walked over with a smiled and I said, "Craig, this is my brother Marcel and my friend Delirious. Guys, this is Craig."