C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Why am I doing this?

The band is miles away, but I swear to God, in the time I've gotten to know Louis, I've discovered he's the clingiest person I've ever met.

"Are you here yet?" Louis' voice comes through the speaker on my car, which I've connected my phone to (with some difficulty, I admit - as Niall put it in the hospital a few weeks ago when I couldn't work out how to work the TV, I'm technologically challenged).

"Oh my God, Lou, I'm still like an hour and a half away. Please stop ringing me."

I can almost hear the pout in his voice when he replies. "It's my half-hourly check-up. I can't possibly miss it."

"She's probably sick of you, mate," Harry says in an attempted whisper in the background.

"Yeah, as if she could ever get sick of this," Louis says confidently, and I snort with laughter rather unattractively. Harry giggles.

"Louis, I need to drive."

Louis sighs dramatically.

"Lou, we need to get ready for tonight's show!" a distant voice yells in the background. I think it's Niall, judging by the distinct Irish twang in his voice.

"Okay, okay. Lilli, I need to go, but I'll ring you again as soon as possible!" Louis says hurriedly.

I laugh again. "Okay, bye, Lou."

I watch as the call hangs up and turn back to the road, sighing as I realise I'm stuck in traffic - again. As much as Louis' constant calling got a little annoying, it was a comfort while I was on the road; I wasn't the most confident driver, and the car I was currently driving belonged to my mum.

Noticing a petrol station up ahead, I start to indicate. At least then I can guarantee I'll get there. Plus, with this amount of traffic, even if I'm late, at least I can pick up some bagels to make up for it.

-----
I'm back! I've taken so many breaks from this book, I swear, but I'm determined to get it finished now that I've finished school until September! My GCSEs finished nearly two weeks ago so I have spare time.

I'm not going to try to excuse not updating this book, but I've been very busy this year what with my GCSE revision and losing two of my grandads in the space of two months.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's my prom tonight so I wanted to update before I go (I'm getting my hair done in like 10 minutes). Louilli is alive!!

Love you llamas❤️