One

Seth's POV

Walking around Blue Ridge again felt strange. The town hadn't changed much, but the atmosphere had. Everywhere you looked, something creative was going on. There was a group of kids, freshmen, busking on the corner. In the book store, a poetry class was happening, at least fifteen people sitting and listening animatedly. The coffee shop had live acoustic music.

It was everything I wished it had been four years before. I actually had a smile on my face as I wandered around, coffee in my hand. I was about to head back to my truck when an old familiar face stopped me in my tracks.

"Well, if it isn't half of Blue Ridge's most famous duet!" Music teacher Miss Bailey held her arms out as she neared and I greeted her with a big hug.

"Is this your doing?" I asked, incredulous. "It's like a whole new town!"

My teacher smiled and her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "I have to say, I've done a lot with the school recently and the adults in the community seemed to have really caught on! I guess it started after that show you guys did before you left." She grinned and I chuckled fondly at the memory.

"Hey, you, pretty little redhead... Won't you sing with me?" I asked, no singing, no music, just a question and I saw Lark's eyes glistening with tears.

That song and the encore that followed had been the most amazing night of my life. Just me, and Lark, and the music that we'd shared and loved so deeply. Lark Weston, the first girl to ever steal my heart and join me in my bubble of music.

Lark Weston, the only woman who could never sneak up on me.

"Don't even think about it." I laughed as I sensed her presence. Looking over my shoulder, I saw her ready to grab me from behind, a grin on her face.

"Oh, c'mon, you feel it too." Lark gestured around us, to the people creating art wherever they went. "It's so amazing! I wish we could spend more time here this summer." I heard the sadness in her voice, and found myself wishing the exact same thing. We were back for a reason, but unfortunately, we had a deadline.

Last Stand was touring the UK. Our kick off was in two weeks time, but one very important event was coming up and neither of us had taken a second's hesitation in deciding to come home.

"You both excited for the wedding?" Miss Bailey asked, her eyes shining brightly. "I swear, even the kids at school are looking forward to it!"

Lark and I looked at each other and grinned widely. It had been a shock, but also not, at the same time. "I even dug out a suit." I winked, and the two women burst into laughter. "I mean it! I just don't have a proper tie anywhere."

"You'd think," Miss Bailey started with a laugh still bubbling on her lips, "That amid all the fancy touring clothes, you'd have a tie."

The tie I'd found in the back of my closet was definitely not wedding-appropriate, although I was one million percent sure the bride would enjoy it immensely.

"He probably would have a tie if he could keep his shirt buttoned up during one single show." Lark raised an eyebrow mockingly at me and I felt myself go red.

"It gets warm under those lights." I mumbled as they shook their heads at me. Changing the subject quickly, I asked about the one thing I knew was new news. "So, Mark?"

Miss Bailey actually blushed. "We have our second date on Friday. It's taken us years to realise we liked each other. Not like you two." She grinned and I felt Lark move subtly closer to me, almost embarrassed. "I'm so looking forward to this wedding! I've got to go and get my dress from the dry cleaners."

"So do I! We better get going," Lark took hold of my arm and called over her shoulder, "We'll see you there!" Miss Bailey waved, and we headed off, back to the truck, amidst the light of a new day, and the air of a fresh town.

XXXX

The little church was packed. Everyone was waiting, talking excitedly amongst themselves. Lark was nowhere to be seen, and I jogged my leg anxiously, a million thoughts whizzing through my head. Looking around, it seemed as though the entire town had turned out, and even people who had left years ago. Some of our old school friends, Sara and Nick, were seated a few rows behind me, and some of the kids who were freshmen (some of which, I might add, had once all had a crush on the bride) who were now seniors themselves were there too.

White and emerald green was a bit of a recurring theme, I thought proudly as I straightened my newly purchased green tie. Green ribbons tied white bouquets, and I knew the bridesmaid's dress was also a deep green, along with the ring bearers tie and pocket handkerchief.

The music started to play. I stood and was about to look at the door,  when I saw the groom suddenly start to go white. His complexion dropped, and for a second, I thought he was going to pass out. Then, he was over it, and I shot him a reassuring smile. We both focused on the door in the next second and I felt my own stomach drop.

Lark's hair was twisted up onto the top of her head, red curls beginning to misbehave already. Her pale, freckled skin was flawless as she walked down the aisle in time with the music, her emerald green, knee-length dress clinging in all the right places.

While I thought the bridesmaid looked beautiful, the bride was absolutely ethereal. Her long white dress was tied at the waist with a thin emerald green sash, and her dark hair was curled and twisted up, similar to Lark's. I knew as she walked that she wasn't wearing heels; in fact I'd be shocked if she was wearing anything except white Doc Martins.

I was proved right as she lifted the hem of her skirt to glide up the steps to meet her groom, who laughed aloud and shook his head, love for the woman in front of him in his eyes. There were tears there; I'd never seen him so in awe before.

"Please be seated." The vicar stood between the bride and groom, and as we all took our seats, I saw just how happy the pair of them were. Lark took her seat behind the bride, and shot me a wink, to which I pulled a face back. The bride caught me and rolled her eyes, the tears momentarily on pause as she looked on, exasperated at our antics.

The church waited with bated breath as the couple took hands and prepared themselves for the part that came next:

"Everyone, we are gathered here today to witness a holy matrimony, between Alexander Weston and Jazlynn Haspen."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

I'm back!

I've *very very very nearly* finished my A levels and I can finally finally get these ideas out of my head. Lark Weston and Seth Brooks, welcome back into my life. I've missed you.

So the Prologue and the first chapter are pretty short, and I guess this is how TLOM started. I have to admit, I'm excited.

Well, that's all from me...

It's good to be back.

Split_Personality xx