8. Sea Monster Mash

I had my science project done a few days ago. It was called Chemistry of Ice-Cream Making: Lowering The Freezing Point of Water. It was fun because I got the chance to make my own ice cream. 

We came back from the Galapagos Islands and Cody found a rare Galapagos cricket on Zack's arm. He started freaking out and stepped on it, killing it. "Well, now instead of 4 left in the world, now there are only 3..." I said, and followed Zack. He wanted help with something. 

I went to Zack's room. "Hey, Zack." I said smiling. "Hey Y/n, how are you, I was thinking about maybe a date today or tomorrow?" I smiled. "I'm okay, and I'd love that. Tomorrow's probably better it'll give you time to finish your science project today, and then we can actually have fun tomorrow without worrying about it." I said, smiling and he nodded. London and Woody came into the room later. They hadn't done their science projects yet either. 

"So partner's what do we do now?" London asked. "Beats me, Cody always did my work." Zack said, casually. London shrugged her shoulders. "Well Maddie usually did my work. Y/n?"

"I already did mine... 3 weeks ago." I said. "Remind me to partner up with you next time." Zack said, making me smile and laugh a little. 

"What about you Woody? Do you usually let Cody or Maddie do your work?" London asked. "I don't have a smart brother. Or friends.." He said sadly. London gasped. "Tear, hug?" And she hugged Woody. Wow. London doesn't hug but when she does, it's a big deal. 

"No brother no friends? That's a sad tale of woe Woodchuck." Zack said. "Oh I have brothers. And tons of friends. They're just not smart." London pulled from the hug as fast as she got into it. 

"Time to get your greasy hands off the heiress." London said, her hands up in surrender. 

"Okay so, we have all night to put something together. There's no need to panic. It's not like if we flunk science we'll be sent back to live with our mothers. And give up our first taste of sweet, sweet freedom." Zack said and held up his finger and walked into the bathroom. I could hear him crying. "I don't wanna go home." was heard from the muffles of his crying. I walked in. I turned him to face me. "You're not gonna go home okay? Come here." I said, and hugged him tightly. 

We walked out of the bathroom. "Zack? Were you crying?" Woody asked. "No, just the salty ocean spray." He denied.

"We just need to pick a good subject." London said.  

"We could do our report on how plants grow in cultivated and different environments." Woody suggested. London screamed. "SMART GUY!"

"Not really. I just read that out of the science book." Woody said slowly. "Still you were smart enough to look in the book!" She said. "Woody, you're in charge of research and development. Zack, you're in charge of supplies."

"Ma'am yes ma'am." Zack saluted, making me giggle. "And uh, what are you in charge of?" 

"I'm in charge of being in charge." London said. O-kay. But the boys seemed to have agreed.

________________________________________________________________________________

Zack and I came back with supplies for the project. "We got the supplies. Some plants, beakers, chemicals and a cheesecake." 

"What's the cheesecake for?" Woody asked. "Around midnight I get hungry." Zack explained. "Excellent job guys, you two are my new favourite. Woody, step up." London said. "Yes ma'am." He replied.

We walked over to the table in the room. "Alright now, we'll put one plant in the beaker filled with soil, one in the beaker full of sand and one in the beaker with distilled water." Zack said, taking out the beakers and placing them on the table.