#51

A/N

Since it's the Queens birthday😍Happy birthday Ariana, she's already 24 that's crazy😭💞💞

****

Ariana Grande & Y/N- love you like I did

****

"Why do you keep doing this?" I choke. "Why do you keep hurting me this way?"

The atmosphere grew tense during the darkness of the night as my sobs grew louder.

Y/N just stood there staring at me like she had seen a ghost. She wouldn't utter a word.

Knowing I was in pain, she wouldn't even defend herself. 

"You keep pushing me away." I state weakly. For the past few weeks, I noticed the change in her. She would hardly talk to me, let alone look at me. Her tone would be harsh if I ever spoke.

Her nights out were constantly repeated, and the woman who would come back at 3 am was not the one who I devoted my love to. I couldn't help but have these thoughts of her being either unfaithful or losing interest in me.

"Is...Is there someone else?" I dare to ask. The thought of someone else kissing her lips passionately and making love to her made my stomach churn, but I wanted to know the truth.

"No." She answers without hesitation. "I would never do that to you."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Was she lying? There was no sign of dishonesty on her face. She would either lose eye contact or bite her lip nervously, but all I saw was a stern expression.

"T-then...what is it?"

She sighs in annoyance while she pushed her hair back. She paces around the room before facing me again. "I don't know Ariana."

By this point, I was slightly irritated. She was clearly hiding something.

"What happened to us?" My weeping had stopped and the tears from my cheeks have just become stains. I didn't want to cry anymore. I didn't want to look weak in front of her. "We were doing just fine until-"

"I know. I'm sorry." She says. We grew silent yet again, but then she said something I hadn't really expected to hear. "I think we need to breakup."

I can feel the tears start to form again. "I...Okay....Fine." I say indignantly. I start to grab my bag and head to the front door. She seemed surprised I didn't argue back or asked why, because I wasn't brave enough to do so...but maybe I should be.

Why am I letting her win so easily? Why am I not questioning her? Why am I giving up? I stop in my tracks before opening the door and turn back around. My fragile state had been replaced with anger.

"You know what?" I begin. "I'm not going to let this go easily. I want to know what it is that's making you do this."

She sighs again and bites her lip in deep thought. "I don't know Ariana."

"How are you gonna say that Y/N?" I laugh sarcastically. "After these past few weeks of putting up with your shit, I think I deserve to know what's going on." The look on her face proved how she hadn't expected my confidence.

The 6 months I had been with her were fascinating to me and I thought that maybe she felt the same way. Before I knew it, the tears were streaming down my face yet again. How could she just throw this all away like it was nothing?

I scoff and roll my eyes in annoyance when she remains soundless. "Fine." I take out the spare keys she had given me for her house from my bag and hand it to her. "Just know that I loved you." I made sure to stare at her intently so she can realize what pain she has caused me these last few weeks, but it partially had to do with the fact that this may be the last time I'm seeing her and I just want to look at her beautiful features one last time. Y/N stares back in disbelief. Neither of us had said the three words yet until now.

I take one last glance at her before reaching for the door but she grabs my wrist. "What?" I ask.

"I-I'm sorry." She replies. "I don't know why I'm doing all this. I just...I don't know... Forget it." She releases my wrist, showing me how easy she's letting this go, but when I look into her eyes I know this isn't what she wants.

"You're afraid to love me...aren't you?" I state quietly. She had never fallen in love, at least that's what she told me. I knew love must have been too difficult for her to feel since her schedule is so hectic and her past relationships never lasted long. "You don't want to get too attached so you think this is the best way to get over whatever it is you're feeling about me."

"No." She defends. "I don't...I'm not in love with you."

I shook my head. "You're lying. I know you are."

"You don't know shit." Her voice grew more harsh. "Stop acting like you know everything."

"Maybe you need to stop acting like a fucking coward." I fight back.

"I don't want you anymore. Can't you see that?"

Her words were so painful and it felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly. I feel another tear slip from my eye and I wipe it, not wanting her to be the reason for my tears. If she was going to act like this relationship meant nothing to her, then I'll act like it too, but I wasn't going to let her win like this.

"Okay Y/N." I say casually. "I'll go. This relationship was meaningless anyway, wasn't it?" She remains stiff, unsure on what to say.

"But before I go, I just want you to remember..." I grab onto her neck gently and reach up to whisper into her ear. "I made love to you. I loved you the way that you needed to be loved." I stay in this position for a few seconds before I go back to my original spot.

Her expression had saddened and she looked guilty as soon as the words left my mouth.

I look away, not wanting to see what I had caused and quickly head for the door. I hesitantly grab the door knob in hopes that maybe she'd just stop me. I was hoping that maybe she'd apologize and kiss the pain away like she always use to, then caress my cheek and tell me she loved me, but the chances of that happening were unlikely. In one swift motion, I open the door and slam it behind me. I don't bother looking back because I knew I would come running back to her if I did.

I get into my car, letting one last tear to fall from my eye as I thought about everything we did before it all went wrong. There's nothing I could do about it now, it's done. I just wish she could have seen how willing I was to fall in love with her.

Nobody was going to love her the way I did.

***

A/N

Sorry for any mistakes guys I wrote this kinda quick😊

Also, I know it's a bit sad but the next update will hopefully make up for this🙃