Chapter 37 - Light blue

Emma's P.O.V

I still had no idea what I should do to set (Y/N) and Enoch up on a mature date. I mean, let's face it, I am absolutely no expert in this subject... I've never had a boyfriend. Unless you count Abe. Which I don't. Anymore.
Most of my lunchtime ended up with mourning the loss of Abraham Portman, and immense feelings of guilt because of Jacob. I was sure that I loved Jake, after all, but I still pined for Abe... Who did I love? I needed the time I was spending on planning a date to sort out what was going on in my head.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Lunch was a subdued affair, apart from the fact that Enoch was pretty much eye-fucking me from the seat across from me. Like, whenever I looked his way he would stare darkly and sexily at me, before biting his lip and eventually dropping this seductive façade and snorting loudly. However, he wasn't the only person who was being noticed at the table.

Thanks to Enoch, I now had a number of red marks on my neck that I'd tried to cover up with concealer, futilely. Enoch had, of course, wanted me to put them on display to show everyone that I was his, and "his only". I had to proceeded to rant to him about feminism and individuality, and he had replied by tackling me to the floor and giving me more hickeys.
Ah well. I will work on modern ideas with him later.
I thought I'd gotten away with it until Claire looked at me oddly. "(Y/N), what are those bruisey-things on your neck?"
Enoch smirked at me and started to fiddle with my foot under the table. I turned my gaze nervously to Miss P, only to see that she seemed to not be taking any interest whatsoever, although her lips were slightly thinner than usual.
"Ah, well..."
"Did an angry werewolf bite you in the night?" the little girl said excitedly.
"That's one way of putting it," Enoch muttered, laughing, and I nudged him, scowling.
"Actually, I have no idea, Claire. Maybe you could get to the bottom of it for me?" My ethos was that it would give her something to do, at least.
She grinned at me. "I'll make sure I'll stop the culprit, don't you worry."
"But you don't really want me stopped, do you, (Y/N)?" Enoch murmured into my ear, and I shivered happily, before shushing him. I tried to protect the remaining innocence of the youngest wards, despite how difficult that job may be with Enoch around.

After lunch, Enoch took me down to his basement again. I was expecting another make-out session, and, to be honest, I wasn't all that excited (after all, that's literally all we had done before lunch), but instead, Enoch took my hand gently and led me over to his desk. He fiddled around in it for a while, before extracting a light blue flower from within its depths. He examined it, before handing it over to me, a slightly sad look on his face. "Do you know when I got this flower?"
I frowned, searching for a nonexistent memory. "No..."
"You wouldn't. I suppose you remember the day when I first opened up to you, and we talked down here? And then you wouldn't show me your peculiarity and I got angry."
I nodded sheepishly, squeezing his hand. "Yes... I still regret that, honestly."
"Well, I was going to give this to you when the doll I'd sent out came back. But I'd already been stupid, and​ you'd left."
"You weren't being stupid, Enoch. I was the one being stupid, being overdramatic about something I never should have been ashamed of."
Enoch started to draw little circles on my hand with his thumb. "All that matters now is that I'm giving it to you, after all this time. We've gone past that point of sweethearts, now, and... " He looked down, upset.
I wrapped my arms around him and stroked his hair. "Hey, what's wrong?"
"It's just so ironic, isn't it?"
"Isn't what?"
"The fact that we're stuck in this stupid loop, and we can't... Do anything."
"Enoch, what do you mean?"
"I mean that we can't do the things that normal people who are in love would be able to do."
"Is this just about sex, because I still only feel like a 16 year old and, sure, I'm fine with it, but..."
"No, (Y/N)..." There was a pause as he stared up at me sadly, and I frowned, trying to see past his dark eyes and into his soul, the sadness that it held.
He took a deep breath and continued to speak.
"I want to marry you."