v. record scratch worthy moment

Samirah and I steadily made our way into a rough storm near the coast of Greece. Duke rode forward as the rain beat against all three of us. It took every ounce of myself not to curse Njord for these winds, and it got me wondering if it was truly even him who sent the winds. Why would he want to jeopardize our journey, making it so we couldn't carry his message back this son in Valhalla. Regardless, Samirah and Duke decided that that had had enough when we hovered over a ship in the sea that seemed to be having a rough time staying afloat.

"We're going to have to stop here!" Samirah's voice hardly even carried over the harsh winds of the storm. It took me a moment to process what she even said. "Sam, that could be dangerous! Just- let me go from here! Hover for a while until I come back. Only land if it's a last result," I finally replied, taking our plan that we had discussed into precaution. I felt my sister sigh under the tight grip she had on me. "Fine! You have twenty minutes to report back to me if this is what is waking Jormungand up or not, or I'm landing on that ship," I nodded. "I'll try,"

After a bit of shuffling and comparing plans, I shakily stood on the back of the horse we were riding. I nearly fell numerous times as I took off my jacket and draped it over Samirah's shoulders. I took a deep breath before placing my hands together and diving into the water that was so far below.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Wouldn't that kill you? Probably. Especially since I was outside of Valhalla. I seemed to make eye contact with a Hispanic male on the boat below us in a record scratch-type moment before I quickly used my transfigurational abilities to change into something that would save me from becoming a demigod pancake: a Havfrue. Better known as a mermaid.

I hit the water just in time. I had grown gills and a grey tale with scales trailing back up over my chest. I grinned down at myself, satisfied that my powers had held out. With this transfiguration, though, I know that I would have to fight off more of my father's persistence and darkness. I found it quite ironic that I had to defeat my evil siblings by using the powers that I had received from my evil father.

I made my down further into the depths of the raging ocean. It was violently rough to swim through, but I found surprising strength in my new tail. I swam at least ten times faster than I did with my mortal legs, and I could now breath under the water. I knew that I was getting closer to the disturbance, and when I finally found it, I had the confidence and strength to defeat it. In the backpack that I was carrying in my hand that Samirah had given me before I dove in was a dagger, a substitute of Iðunn's apples that Valhalla had grown to heal someone who was gravely wounded outside of Valhalla, as well as a bow with arrows if I could figure out how to it under the surface.

I felt the pressure slowly increasing upon my lungs, but I knew it wouldn't affect me in this form. I was now a Havfrue, and the demigod part of me had to be pushed away for now. I had to save the world from the flooding of my half-brother.

I almost started to grow tired of the flipping of my new tail when I finally saw something; a temple. Then more. It appeared to be the ruins of what used to be a city. Dare I even assume it, Atlantis, if it wasn't a myth like the rest of us. Then I saw the other startling thing; two people at least twenty feet tall, and then two normal-sized men on the floor of the ruined temple. A breath hitched in my throat (is that even possible as a fish?) as I saw what was happening. The twenty-foot lady appeared to be spinning a disk in her hand, to which the waves above us followed.

She was the threat against the waking of Jormungand.