Chapter 1

I walked into school with my heart beating. Butterflies flew in my stomach that I wanted to throw up. It was my senior year and I was excited to see my friends, that's all.

My phone vibrated in the back pocket of my jeans. As I took out my phone, my best friend's name popped up. He texted me, "Hey, where are you?"

I texted him my location in the school which was near the front entrance. Suddenly, I heard some loud giggles and squeals.

Looking up, I see a guy wearing a black bomber and leather pants. He was walking in while running his hands through his hair. His walk was cool and the aura he brought was cool. I couldn't see his face that well since he was across the room. The hallway filled with mutters and girly squeals.

Is he famous? Who is he?

As I was in deep thought, someone tapped my shoulder. I spun around to see my best friend since grade 8, Taehyung Kim! ... And he has red hair?? (Note the picture above)

I grinned after the sight of him. I hugged him for a long time as we rocked from side to side.

"I haven't seen you since July! Your hair too!" I exclaimed.

"I know!! I'm so glad to see you again," he replied.

I pulled back to look at him again.

Taehyung smiled as he stretched, raising his arms and closing his eyes.

He opened one of his eye.

"You checking me out?" He joked.

"Tae, you grew taller! You playing any sports during the summer?"

Taehyung ruffled his red hair wearing a playful smirk across his face. "Heh.. kind of.. C'mon, let's get to class."

+++++

I went to my second period class, Pre Calculus 12.. KILL ME. I just know that this subject will be hard. I heard that my teacher, Mr. Nam, was the hardest math teacher. I groan as I enter the class. The seats were arranged in pairs. I find two empty desks that stand on the farthest side from the teacher's desk. I sit in one of them, pull my hood over my head, and put my head down on my arms. I'll power nap before class officially starts.

A few minutes later, I could hear more and more students enter. The class gradually fills with gossip, laughter in the air. I keep my head down. Suddenly, I hear laughter coming into the classroom.

"Yo, where do we sit? There's no seats for the both of us." A deep voice says.

"Here."

I hear the noise of the chair to the left of me being pulled and the person's jacket zipper clangs against the metal leg of the desk. Then another chair behind me is pulled, making a screeching noise.

Great. I'm going to have to deal with noisy ass chatter between two friends and I'm basically in the middle.

"Okay class." The teacher's monotone voice speaks up to get the students attention.

"Welcome to Pre Calculus 12, I wanna let you know that this is not the class where you don't do any homework and you ace the test. Well, unless you've got a big brain, but -"

Blahblahblahblah Ugh.. can I just drop out?

I finally decide to make the effort to pay attention to the teacher and I raise my head from the desk. My hair becomes messed up, blocking my vision. I take off my hood and tuck my hair behind my left ear. My tired droopy eyes open slightly to which I make eye contact with the cutest human I've ever seen.