Chapter 1 - Back To NYC

Long time no see! 

06/27/17

___________________

I stared at the stormy blue eyeded girl in the mirror, her raven black hair fell in sleek strands framing her face. 

Her lips soft and pink, bold agains her tan completion from the summer heat. My eyes briefly meet the ones in the mirror, alive and relentless staring back at me.

A few things come to mind looking at my own reflection, but one thing stood out. It was the scar, a thin scar barely noticeable that ran on an angle from my right temple to the middle of my cheekbone.

 It was the only imperfection on my otherwise flawless face. My toughs were interrupted with a soft knock on the door. 

"Val?  You in here?" Jackson called out

"Yeah. Come on in." 

In came a boy with sandy blond hair and eyes much like my own, his broad shoulders barely fitting threw the door and head nearly toughing the top.

"Mom wants to know if your ready to go." replied Jackson, my kid brother.

"Yeah, I just gotta grab my suitcase and i'll be ready."

"Alright champ, we'll be downstairs."and with that he exited my room as swiftly as he entred.

I gave my room a last look, my bed was made and the room was left tidy aside from a few posters hung on the navy walls. 

I quickly grabbed my boxing wraps and tucked then inside my back and slug my bag over my shoulder, I pulled up the handle on my suitcase and wheeled it out then room and down the hall.

"You need any help dear?" 

"Na I got it." I huffed and picked my suit case up and luged myself down the stairs.

Jackson poked his head out from the kitchen, his frame dwarfing the kitchen arc. He had a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth and a slice of toast in hand.

"Leaving already?" He said threw a mouthful of bacon.

Mom laughed and the bewildered experson on his face

"yeah, I gotta run. It was nice getting to spend the summer home but I need to head back a little early. I promised Katie wed go backache same time and get our apt ready. were expecting a new roommate since the landlord jacked up rent." 

"Again?" mom said ever so slightly enraged.

"when you live that close to campus in a city like that can you really blame him?" 

"I suppose not sweetie but praha-"

"No. No way in hell." I cut her off before she could even get the rest of the sentence out.

 No way in hell was I going to stay on campus at the dorm. Id rather work and be able to afford my own apartment then stay on campus. The only reason is because its rumoured that the dorms are so old there mold in the showers, and thats the nicer of the horror stories.

I dropped my bags and wrapped my mom in a tight hug. I pulled away and looked at the short woman in front of me, he eyes were leaking tears.

"your so much like your dad."  she spoke so quite i nearly missed what she said.

I keep my smile tight and gave Jackson a hug "Alright well I'm out, Ill see you guys around thanksgiving." 

"Alright sweetie, take care and call me at least once a week." she let out a little sigh

"And Valerie?"

My head shaped up at the way she spoke.

"I love you." she looked worried. "I love you too mom."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and piked up my heavy suitcase, threw my backpack over my shoulder and headed out the door  where the heat of Arizona engulfed me.

buzz-buzz.

I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket as I walked towards my  white 15 jetta. I hoped the trunk and threw my bags in.

I fished my phone out of my pocket and checked it.

Katie: leaving here now, I should be New York tomorrow.

Me: Im leaving Arazon now and driving up. Ill be up in a day or two.

Two whole days of driving. Thats if I drive fast and make minimal stops.

____________________________

So far we've meet: Valerie, Jackson and there mom...and introduced to katie.

This is going to be a slow moving book and I'm writing off the top of my head ill try to update at least once a week so bare with me guys.