VII

"Khushi?" Khushi jerked out of her thoughts listening to Arnav's voice and looked around to see that they had reached Raizada Mansion.

Khushi took a deep breath trying to calm her racing heart. She was nervous and she was scared.

Arnav had called an hour ago and had asked her to be ready. Just in the next fifteen minutes, Arnav had been at her doorstep to pick her up.

Khushi had been surprised at his tenderness. She was experiencing Arnav's care for the first time and her eyes welled up out of love for this mysterious man.

Arnav had made sure to drive slow throughout the journey to Raizada Mansion.

Khushi, once again, jerked out of her thoughts and saw Arnav standing in front of her with his right hand stretched out.

Khushi looked wide eyed at Arnav. She hadn't expected this gesture from Arnav for her. But wasn't Arnav surprising her since yesterday? He was being nice to her. And she wasn't used to it.

"What?"

"You are not Laad Governor!" Khushi whispered audibly making Arnav smirk.

Masking his smirk, Arnav straightened his face and said, "Let's go, Khushi."

Arnav and Khushi walked up the stairs and rang the bell waiting for someone to open the door.

Khushi's hold on Arnav's hand tightened in worry. She did not have an ounce if thought about what Arnav had planned. But she had an unknown trust in him to set things right. Yet, the worry about the family's reaction ate her up.

Khushi took a deeo breath and closed her eyes relaxing herself as she felt Arnav hold her hand tighter making his intention of not leaving her clear.

Hari Prakash opened the door and Khushi and Arnav walked inside only to see the family members standing a few feet away from them.

Anjali had her eyes filled with tears. She was worried for Arnav. Even though Khushi had called and informed her that Arnav was fine, yet her heart wanted to see her brother fine in front of her.

"Chhote, where had you been? Do you know how worried we all were?" Anjali asked hugging Arnav.

"Relax Di, I am fine. My sugar level had decreased and I had fainted in the parking. But now I am fine." Arnav informed not revealing the complete matter.

"Saale Sahab, next time be careful with your health. Even when Khushi had informed us that you are okay, it had taken a lot of efforts from me to make your stubborn sister sleep. She was adamant on coming and seeing you in the heavy rain." Shyam complained against Anjali while Anjali narrowed her eyes at him for complaining about her.

Arnav laughed a bit while Khushi smiled admiringly. She really adored this lovely couple.

Everyone stood right there thanking god and talking to each other.

Lavanya walked to Arnav and hugged him tightly. Breaking the hug, she cupped Arnav's face and said, "I am so glad you are okay, ASR. I was so worried for you. Especially when I got to know that you are with her." Lavanya turned an accusing gaze towards Khushi shocking her and everyone. "What if she might have seduced her again into spending a night with her?"

Khushi stood shocked at her place listening to Lavanya's accusations. She couldn't believe that Lavanya was saying so.

How could Lavanya-ji accuse me of something so low?

Family members stood shocked and offended at Lavanya's accusations on Khushi.

"Ms. Kashyap, what are you saying?" Nani asked in an angry tone.