Part 4

The next morning:

The baby is sleeping on the bed, Naira is in the kitchen and Kartik is getting ready for office.As Kartik was leaving, Naira called him.

Naira:Kartik see who has come to you to say bye

She comes with the baby...

Kartik takes her from Naira

Kartik:Aww my baby... you got up so early

The baby smiled and Kartik kissed her forehead.As Kartik was giving her to Naira,she held his tie...and looked at him wide eyed.

Naira:I think she wants to be with you

Kartik looks at her.The baby leans on his chest and clutches her shirt.Kartik caresses her hair

Kartik: Sorry baby I gotta go... but promise I will come home soon

The baby again looks at him.

Kartik: Promise!

The baby starts smiling.Kartik gives her to Naira.

Naira:Kartik actually I have to go to the Mom and Me store to buy some necessary stuffs for princess...so I won't be there at noon.So  I am giving your tiffin now only

Kartik nods.She gives the tiffin to Kartik.Kartik goes...

The baby gestures towards the milk bottle.

Naira:So my princess wants milk..

The baby smiles.Naira feeds her milk.After completing the household chores, Naira makes the baby ready and they both leave for the store.

Meanwhile in Kartik's office

Kartik is smiling 😃 seeing his princess photos in his mobile.

Kartik: I wanna spend every moment happily with you princess because I myself don't know when will you leave me and go to your own parents

Kartik: I wanna spend every moment happily with you princess because I myself don't know when will you leave me and go to your own parents. I will miss you alot princess within this short time you have filled our lives with happiness.

I want you to go to your parents... but I don't wanna leave you any time. I know you love your parents very much and I am sure they also love you very much.Agar mera bas chalta na,then never ever would I send you to them.... but baby they are your parents and they have more rights on them than us.But we will never forget you princess, never!

He then picks up his phone and calls the inspector

Inspector: Hello

Kartik:Hello inspector I am Kartik Goenka.... yesterday I and my wife came to you....

He is interrupted by inspector

Inspector:Yes yes I remember you and your wife came to me for the missing complaint of a baby right...

Kartik:Yes inspector....did you get any information about her parents

Inspector:Mr Kartik we didn't get information about her parents but don't worry as soon as we will get we will inform you

Kartik:Okay thankyou inspector

He cuts the call. He looks at his Princess picture and starts working on his laptop...

Meanwhile at Mom and Me store

Naira is looking for the necessary stuffs necessary for the baby.Her list includes:

1)A cerelac packet

2)A milk bottle (As she used Kartik's milk bottle when he was a baby 😚)

3) Diapers

And random other things necessary for her.

Her carry bag was full so she went to bring one leaving the baby in the pushchair.As she went,a lady 2 years older than Naira comes in front of the pushchair and lifts the baby up and starts playing with her.The baby smiles at her. The lady becomes teary eyed.As she saw Naira coming she quickly put the baby down and went from there.After buying all the stuffs they left from there.

At night

Naira is playing with the baby on the floor just then the door bell rings.Naira opens it.It was Kartik kisses her forehead and asks

Kartik:How was the day

Naira nods happily.Kartik then goes to his princess and picks her up. She smiles at him...and Kartik kisses her forehead.Kartik takes her to the bedroom and makes her sit on the bed.He then shows her a toy which she brought for her.

He then shows her a toy which she brought for her

As he gave it to her hand she became teary eyed...tears started rolling down her eyes..

Kartik(worried): Princess...

He took her in his arms. The baby went into his arms and leaned over his chest , clutched her shirt and cried. Kartik tried to pacify her down.He was surprised why she started crying looking at the toy.At last she patted her back softly and made her sleep. He made her lie on the bed and kissed her forehead.

Precap:Will go with the flow

Question:Why did the baby start crying after seeing the toy..