Rondelle looked shocked. For years,no Dark Reign or Dragonlight have ever been mates. Kyle just sat down on a rock. His mate was a Dark Reign, his supposed enemy. But they didn't seem that bad. At least not when he saw her.

He got up off of the rock and tried to look the way that she went. Rondelle was still dumbfounded. He just looked out into the sun as it drifted down. "You should head home dear prince. The night is no place for a Dragonlight," He said.

Kyle stood up and followed Rondelle as he headed towards the village. "I prefer to see what it is you do. No one has seen you in a while," He said. Rondelle just shook his head and they went to the village. He hid behind the mighty dragon as they approached the gates.

Kyle looked onto their village and saw all the homes and shops all opening and the people came out. It was really different for him since he was used to people coming out during the day.

"Why do they come out at night? Isnt it better in the daytime?" Kyle asked Rondelle. The mighty dragon looked at his people. He sighed and looked to the young prince.

"Back when the people had run into the forest, the Dragonlights would try and track us down during the daytime. Only safe time to come out was at night. But when the heat finally died off, we had gotten so used to the night time, we just do things at night. We feel better and safer at night," He said.

"Not to mention, the color of our scales matches into the night quit perfectly compaired to yours, does it not?" the dragon asked as he stopped. 

Kyle looked to the wise one, his hair draping over his shoulders. "Why did you stop?" he asked so suddenly. Rondelle looked to the village before him.

"I cannot go any further. This is your town, and my kind are not welcome here, myself included," He said. Bowing his head to the young prince. "It was a pleasure and an honor, my dear prince," He said. Walking back to the forest Kyle ran to the edge of a rock just at the edge and caught the dragon before he left.

"Lord Rondelle, was it? Will I ever see you? Will I ever see Maddie, again?" He asked. Putting all weight on one hip, Rondelle looked to the center of the forest. He inhaled deeply and turned back to the boy hoping and waiting for an answer.

"One day you might dear prince, but for now it is best for you to never heard her or saw me for that matter. My peoples lives matter more to me then life itself, and I cannot let them loose yet another princess to someone who may start another war," He said looking down. Kyle understood, but one question still lingered in his mind.

"I wish I could meet here, but your validation is clear. Then tell me this much, Lord Rondelle. Who started the feud all those years ago?" He asked. 

Rondelle looked up from the ground, his eyes looking towards the young prince. "In truth, your highness, both sides had a part to play. It was true what your people tell you about my kind, and for that, we will never be proud of it. But it was both sides that started this and in a way, both sides will finally end it," He said. 

At the very end of his sentence, he opened his large wings and flew off to the forest. Kyle thought about his words and wondered the main interpretation of them.

Realizing that his sister and brother probably went home and where terrified that he was gone made him practically run for the hills. What made things worse for him was that they saw Rondelle, and his fathers reaction would not be a good one. 

Especially if he found out that his son was taken by a Dark Rein and they still existed. Running back to the castle, he wasn't surprised to hear his fathers monstrous laugh followed by his siblings banter claiming that they saw a huge dark scaled dragon. 

Jumping into the room, Cassie ran over to her brother and hugged him close. "There you two are, I have been looking for you forever," He said. Looking up at his father, he noticed that he had a interesting look to his face. 

"Father," Kyle stated walking even closer to the kings chair, then bowing. Lifting his head up, he noticed his father looking towards his brother and sister. 

"Your siblings where just telling me an interesting story about how you where taken by a Dark Rein," He said motioning for them to come over towards him. They both started to walk over and stood on both long ends of the table. 

"Father, it was too hot, they where just seeing things. As you and I both know, Dark Reins are forever gone from this world and even if they weren't, they haven't been seen in years, we dont even know if they are able to do anything," Kyle said. 

Although his voice was firm, like a King would have said it too be, he was terrified, and not to mention he knew that everything he had been told about these creatures, at least to their existence and such was a lie. He honestly didn't know what else was a lie or just word of mouth. 

His father smiled and nodded his head, then with a wave of the hand, the children left the room and went elsewhere. 

But instead of following his sister and brother to his room, he snuck to the library and hoped he could catch up on his history, and one that wasn't so one-sided.