3

Christian's P.O.V

I've been thinking a lot about Hayes lately. Ever since the other day when we almost kissed I've felt this connection. I just don't know where it's going to lead.

Today he invited me to go to a party with him tonight. I'm kinda nervous tho because I'm not really a party girl.

"Hey Em can you help me pick out an outfit for tonight?" I yell across the house.

"Yeah just a sec!" She yells back. Within a few seconds she comes through my bedroom door and looks at the clothes everywhere.

"Geez Chris! How many outfits do you have?!" She asks.

"Not enough if I can't find an outfit." I reply.

"What about this? It's cute." She says picking up a purple floral dress.

"Um...I wore that to my brother Kian's first marching band banquet." I said getting softer.

"Oh." Em whispers

"You know what, I'll wear it. If I don't it will probably just sit in my closet for the next 5 years." I say getting perked up.

***

7:23pm

Me and Hayes just got to the party. The house is huge and filled with people. Almost everyone was drunk or at least getting there. I'll have to admit I was a bit uncomfortable.

"I'll meet out back, I'm gonna go get us some drinks." Hayes says in my ear.

"Ok."

I walk through the crowd of people and find my way to the back yard. There is a huge pool surrounded by people along with people in it.

"Chris?" I hear a familiar voice behind me say.

I turn around.

"Ethan? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Just thought I would try and have fun for a while and let loose." He says taking a sip of the drink in his hand.

"Yeah like you didn't do that for the past 2 years." I mumble to myself and walk away. Surprisingly, Ethan didn't follow.

A few hours past and I had realized that I was a little drunk but not too much to not know what going on around me.

"Hey I'm gonna find a bathroom." I say to Hayes.

"Ok I'll be here." He replies.

I make my way through the crowd of people and into the house. I make my way into the house bumping into at least 10 people. I find myself upstairs still looking for the bathroom when I feel a grip around my wrist.

"What the hel-" I start to say but was cut off by Ethan's lips being smashed to mine.

"Oh my god Christian! You have no idea how much I have missed those sweet lips of yours." He says between kisses.

"Ethan stop!" I say trying to get out of his grip but it just gets tighter.

"Ethan please stop! You're drunk!" I say as he made his way down my neck.

"But I want you so bad!" He says as he leaves wet kisses on my jawline.

I was about to say something else but then he smashed his lips to mine again. Before I could react he slipped his tongue into my mouth taking me by surprise.

That's when someone walking upstairs.

"Chris?" I hear someone say.

Ethan gets off of me and stands there awkwardly.

"Hayes please! It's not what it looks like." I say.

"Save it. I see you're into someone else." He says walking back downstairs.

I call after him but it was no use.

"I'm sorry." I hear Ethan say from behind me.

I turn around.

"You're sorry?" I ask through anger.

"You left me for 2 years Ethan! 2 years! I moved on Ethan and I found someone but then you screwed that up! And all you have to say is sorry?!" I yell.

He just stays quiet.

"I'm done with this." I say then walk downstairs.

"At least let me take you home." Ethan says coming up behind me.

I sigh and nod my head only because Hayes probably already left.

***

The car ride was silent. And awkward. Very awkward.

We pull up to my house and I begin to get out when I feel a hand placed on mine.

"Chris." Ethan says.

I look over at him. His eyes were glossy and his face was blank.

"Goodnight Ethan." I say then step out of the car and walk up the path to my house.

A/N

Kind of a shorter chapter but oh well :/
Hope you like it!💜💕