Gonna Get You Back

Jonathan

"You still like her" Nicole yells for what fees like the millionth time. This argument has happened a lot over the past few days. The past few hours even. And I don't get why I'm arguing because I have no clue as to what I'm feeling right now. I just didn't want her to be upset with me. I wanted Cassidy back, more than anything, but I didn't want to hurt her either.

"No I don't. I'm here with you, aren't I" I ask.

"But you would rather be with her" she screams back.

"At this point I would rather be with just about anyone else" I admit. Great choice of words Jon, real nice.

"Ugh you're so impossible" she claims.

"Me? I'm not the one making these insane accusations" I defend.

"Tell me you don't love her and I'll leave it" she says.

"I don't" I lie.

"I don't believe you" she says. I wouldn't believe me either.

I end up leaving to clear my mind while she throws a fit in our hotel room. I stumble across a bunch of commotion and decide to check it out. There was a ice rink out in the commons area and someone was doing stuff on it. To no surprise it was Cassidy teaching a bunch of little girls and boys how to skate. God I love her heart. I sit and watch for a while as she teaches them where to put their feet and help them up when the fall. I couldn't help but feel like this was supposed to be us with our kids one day.

She gets done and I lean against the wall before she skates over to me.

"So what, you're following me now" she teases.

"Honestly I would follow you anywhere. You always had a knack for finding the perfect moment" I admit.

"There's no such thing as finding a perfect moment. You take each moment and make it perfect" she claims. It was then I remembered why I was so crazy over this girl in the first place.

"You are so..." I trail off. "There's someone I want you to meet" I say stopping myself from finishing that sentence. She was confused by my behavior but nods anyway. She changes into shoes and we head into the part of the Olympic village for athletes. I find Patrick laying on the couches half asleep and laugh to myself. Of course.

"Hey Kaner" I yell and he hops up looking around. He finds me but his eyes quickly find Cassidy before his mouth opens slightly. Suddenly I didn't like this idea so much.

"Hey Jonny, who's your friend" he asks with a smirk.

"This is a really really good friend of mine Cassidy. Cass this is my friend Patrick" I introduce.

"Waiiit are you the skater girl everyone talks about" he asks.

"That's me... I think" she giggles.

"You really are a sight to see" he says and she blushes as I ball my hands up in a fist. Why in the world did I think this was a good idea?

"Hey Cass, can you grab me some water" I ask.

"Yeah no problem" she says skipping off.

"Damn... that girl is fine" he says licking his lips. Okay ew.

"You so much as look at her the wrong way I'm going to kill you" I threaten and a smirk finds its way into his face.

"You like her..." he trails off.

"No... I love her" I whisper and he nearly chokes.

"Dude, you're in another relationship" he reminds me.