7

the next morning I woke up and walked downstairs. I walked over to my dad who was sitting and catching up with my brother.

"hey, dad, can I ask you something?"

"sure, what is it?"

"John invited me to see his band play tonight. Is it okay if I go?"

he looked over at my brother, who is also very protective of me, and then looked back at me.

"sure, just as long as that Jimmy kid isn't there."

"they don't get along very well, so I don't think he'll be there."

---

I got to John's house at around two o'clock. He was already packing up his stuff for the show tonight.

"hey, John."

"Hey Lou! So glad you could come" he walked over to me with a smile on his face and came in for a hug.

"So, what kind of music does your band play?"

"We mainly play rock. We write our own music, too."

"Wow, really?"

"Yeah. We're all hoping to get noticed. Tonight is kind of an important gig."

"That's crazy. What's the name of the band?"

"We're still working on the name. It'll possibly be 'Lead Zeppelin', but we're not sure yet."

"Lead Zeppelin?"

"Yes, but I think we're going to change the spelling, too. People are pronouncing it wrong."

"Anyone I know in your band?"

He stopped for a moment and I waited for an answer. He seemed very hesitant. I didn't know why, though. I would've found out when I saw them play.

"You promise you won't freak out?" He asked, sounding a bit afraid.

"I promise." I answered.

"well, he's one of your friends."

"yeah?"

"And he and I are kind of angry at each-"

"It's jimmy, isn't it?"

"Um, yes."

I looked at him completely confused. How could they be in a band together if they hated each other?

"But that doesn't make any sense." I said.

"Well, yes, it actually does. You see, we've been friends for quite some time now. Nothing's come between us, except for, uh, you. Sorry to break that to you. But anyways- when we're playing music, all that conflict just seems to disappear and we get along great."

"It still doesn't make sense to me. But whatever works. I'm excited to hear you guys play."

----

We arrived at the venue and I helped John with unpacking his things. Jimmy hadn't arrived yet and I felt a bit relieved because of that.

I met with the rest of the band. A skinny man with a mane of golden curls approached me.

"Hello, love, I'm Robert Plant."

"I'm Louisa Stevens. Nice to meet you."

Then, out of nowhere, someone hugged me from behind- and pretty tight, I must add.

" 'Ello, I'm John, John Bonham. But you can call me Bonzo."

I chuckled a little. I hadn't expected that from a band member, especially in a rock band.

When I was done greeting everyone, I went to grab a seat by one of the benches on the side of the room. I was admiring the decor of the room when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked over and saw Jimmy.

"Do you mind if I sit here? I want to talk to you about something."

I nodded slightly, not knowing what to expect, because with Jimmy, he always had surprises up his sleeves.

"Lou," he started," I just want you to know that I really do like you. But if you've got your eyes on someone else," he looked past me and eyed up John who was setting up his keyboard," then that's fine. Go find your true love. I just don't want our friendship to fade."

"Thank you for explaining everything to me."

I gave him a hug and sent him on his way. The concert was starting in two hours, so I sat and watched them practice. And I must say, they were probably the tightest group I've ever heard before.

Jimmy's guitar solos were amazing just by themselves. Robert's voice was strange but unique. I liked different. And don't even get me started on Bonzo's drumming. It completely blew me away.

Them there was John. I could tell he got lost in the music. The way he swayed and bobbed as he played his bass and the way he played the keyboards. I hoped to be playing like that one day.

A/N:

Ok sorry I kind of uh died. I'm just really busy and can never find time. I'm also not very motivated :/