VI. it happened by blink.

chapter six
it happened by blink.

chapter sixit happened by blink

Marty used his father's rusty truck to Doc's house. While driving at eight in the evening to Doc's house, Austen can't help to think what happened to her brother. She is staring at the window and was silent.

Marty felt that there is something wrong, Doc never mentioned her or about Emma ever since she left Hill Valley twenty years ago. But she did resemble Emma Brown and he can't deny that. He wanted to talk with her but he seemed tongue tied.

This could be a long ride, Marty thought while his eyes are on the road.

"How was he?" She suddenly asked out of the blue.

"He is fine. I guess." Marty said.

Austen wanted to tell it to Marty and her grandmother would always tell her that he is the closest friend of his grand-uncle but at the back of her mind, she knew that he will freak out and the possibility that he might tell her that she is crazy enough.

"Umm..Marty, I need to tell you something." She said softly.

"What is it?" He asked.

Her heartbeat was fast. She swallowed her saliva then looked at him.

"I know this will sound crazy but I am not really Emma's daughter. I am her granddaughter from the future."

Without any second thought, Marty suddenly steps on the brake. He suddenly asked her again, making sure that he heard what she said.

"Say that again."

"I am the grand daughter of Emma Brown. Basically, I am Doc Emmett Brown's grand niece in the future."

Marty looked at her, he was absolutely flabbergasted on what he heard. Then he nervously laughed, "You are really like Doc."

"I am telling the truth, Marty. I am from the future." She said, hoping that he will calm down.

"Oh shit." Marty murmured.

They fell silent for a minute, Marty is completely speechless and he doesn't know how he will respond from what he knew. He remembered Doc is talking about the possibility of having a time machine.

Austen looked at him, she is waiting for his response. She thought that she is too stupid to tell it to Marty Mcfly. She knew that this will be his reaction but the silence is killing her so she speaks up,

"I know this is overwhelming and I really need to go to my grand-uncle in order to go back to my time."

Marty suddenly said, "Before anything else, what does the future look like? And have you even met me because I am that old, am I right?"

She wanted to tell it to him on what happened to him and also to Doc. How his parents separated when he vanished and they left Hill Valley for good. His life is a sad one and it is better not to tell the truth to him, she thought while Austen is looking at Marty.

"Well, I can't spill out the details about the future. I might spoil it." Austen said, her eyebrows raising.

"Fair point." Marty seemed off guard on what she said and Austen was relieved.

Then he added, "I think Doc should know this."

Marty started his car and after a few minutes of driving, they finally arrived at his home. They noticed that his lights are open, Marty lightly knocked on his door and Austen is beside him. She became nervous and excited at the same time to meet personally Doc Emmett Brown.

"I hope he doesn't faint," Marty said to her.

"I hope so," Austen said with a half-smile.

Marty knocked loudly and they could hear him shouting, "Whoever it was, I am busy right now so go away!"

"It's me, Doc," Marty said.

"Marty?"

Doc left his work and went to the door to open it. Doc is surprised to see Marty standing at his doorstep with a girl. Doc looked at Austen for a second then his eyes shifted to Marty, giving a confused look.

"It is almost nine in the evening, what is the hurry?" Doc asked him.

"I think you wouldn't believe this but I am with your grand-niece in the future."

"I beg your pardon, Marty?" Doc said.

"I am from the future and I am your sister's grand daughter." Austen said.

"Emma?"

Doc didn't sink in on what she said to him but he stared at Austen, looking flabbergasted. He looked at Marty and before he faints, he suddenly said;

"Great Scott!"

Marty and Austen caught Doc before he fell hard on the floor. The both of them carried Doc inside the garage and put Doc in his bed. While Marty is fixing the pillows of Doc, Austen looked at Doc's garage. It is very messy just like what she saw earlier, she always knew that her grand-uncle is enigmatic.

Austen sat on the couch while Marty went to Doc's refrigerator and grab some Pepsi for them. He gave Austen a Pepsi then sat down beside her.

"I think we should have said it in a subtle way. I didn't know that my grand-uncle would actually faint." Austen said.

Marty nodded approval and looked at the sleeping Doc.

"You will get used to it," Marty responded.

"So are we gonna wait for him to wake up?"

"I guess so."

Austen sipped some of her Pepsi then looked at Marty then at her grand-uncle. She couldn't believe that she is meeting them up close and personal. She would always see them as mere characters and not real life persons whenever her grandmother started telling bedtime stories but now, they are both real but Austen felt that she is scared. 

Already scared that she might know the reason why Marty vanished.