being a fan!

Hi [or hey!] I would like to bring an important issue to the table to discuss. Being a fan.

For years there has been fandom 'wars' and lots of negativity. Being a fan or being a part of a fandom, is about expressing your love and appreciation for whoever/whatever and doing it with others who share the same passion. Being a fan of one thing though, does not make one superior to someone else. Thus, doesn't give anyone the right to go on and bash another celeb/person/fandom/etc. For example, just because you don't like Fifth Harmony, doesn't give you the right to put down others for supporting those girls. It's not right.

Being a fan means to support whoever you want to support without spreading unnecessary negativity. There has been so much tension between fandoms and it's truly sickening. Being in a fandom should be a safe place, for people to come together and talk about their love for someone/thing. Not to attack another fandom or put down artists who too have worked so hard to get where they are. Why should you use your time to attack other fandoms when you could be using that time to purely support your passion?

In the end, all fandoms have one thing in common. We're just trying to support, love and appreciate whoever we love. We have been doing it the wrong way though by bringing unnecessary negativity which has caused wars and pain. We need to be mature, and just respect each other's opinion and respect the artists we love. Yes maybe you were upset that Fifth Harmony won the award and not 5 Seconds of Summer but you shouldn't bash on Fifth Harmony or their fans because they won. You can't immaturely take out your anger by bringing others down. It's wrong, immature, disrespectful and causes tension between fandoms.

Remember: Being a part of a fandom is about coming together and supporting, loving, appreciating the people you love. Not bringing down others for not loving the same people as you.

EDIT: Feel free to comment what you think. I love reading through comments and hearing what everyone has to say. I never miss a single comment! I love it when everyone's like "same" or "wow relatable" or when we all start having a huge discussion right in the comments section. Just know you are welcome here and your input is respected and loved (: