Part 15

"Where is she?" My dad's voice wakes me from my sleep. My body aches everywhere and the events of what happened to my wings rushes through me and a sob breaks from my sore throat. The sounds alerts both my parents to my whereabouts. My mom is at the doorway in a second and covers her mouth as her eyes travel to my wrapped back. I glance at it over my shoulder as I lay on my belly. The stumps had been severed but I could see two small bumps beneath the wrappings. I bury my head in the pillow as my father lets out a roar at the sight of my back. Mom comes rushing to sit by me.

"How did this happen?" Her whisper gives away the emotions she is trying to suppress and I feel another sob coming through me.

"I will rip them apart." my father growls.

"The widow. She told me she would either take my wings or my mate. So I chose."

"Where is your precious mate now?"

"Here." Calev says. I jerk up and I wince at the pain. Calev is by my side in an instant with tear filled eyes as he surveys my back.

"What happened?" My mother snarls at my mate. Calev gently runs his hand over my hair as his eyes filled with tears.

"When I woke up, they were there. This disgusting reptilian creature had me in its grip. Next thing I knew there was this blonde fae with Seren. Telling her she wanted to get revenge. Giving Seren an ultimatum. She chose me and I tried-" his voice cracks as his pleading eyes stare at me. "I tried to burn and rip them away from her but they were immune to me. Immune to everything. I screamed," his voice cracked again. He looked away to compose himself before continuing, "I fought and I screamed till they knocked me out. I woke up in the middle of the forest. Some monster attacked me, I burned and shredded my way to Seren. I cried for her but heard nothing as I stumbled my way through the woods. Then she was calling to me. And I tracked her out of the woods then ran here. I am so sorry, little bat." I shook my head, then gave him a small smile.

"It was my fault. I did what I thought best. It's no one's fault but mine. I don't regret it."

"It is someone's fault and that someone is going to die. Calev, would you like to join me and the illyrians in tearing that bitch apart?" My eyebrows shot up as I looked at Calev, mirroring my dad's expression.

"Yes, yes I will." My father motions for Calev to follow but he looks at me. Then kisses me thoroughly before saying, "I love you."

"And I, you." Then he leaves to destroy that wretch. My mom sits in the chair beside me, gently brushing my hair back and kissing my temple. Zarena comes in with Alistair, she turns to him and kisses him with more passion than I had ever seen.

"Come back to me, safely." she murmurs against his lips.

"Always." he murmurs then kisses her again. It was so tender that they made my heart ache. "Hey Z, I have another pick up line."

"Lay it on me." she groans.

"I wish the alphabet is rearranged so A and Z were next to each other." he grins. It was so terrible that we all burst out laughing. They kiss again and I watch as my chestnut haired cousin leaves to fight. A pang of jealousy hits me at seeing his wings and I glance away with tears in my eyes.

FINALE WOOO!

I teetered as I walked down the cobblestone with Calev's arm around my waist. Getting used to not having my wings was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It had been three weeks since Calev had come back from murdering the witch. They had found my wings pinned to the wall in her throne room and they brought them back for me. I burned them on the beach listening to the waves crashing softly. I had asked to be alone as I watched them burn before me, as the fire burns out and the smoke vanishes into thin air. After they were burnt, I dove into the ocean and started swimming until all I could think of was the waves and the night sky, until I started shivering against the cold and I run out breath.

Now I was gripping onto Calev as I stumbled along the walk away. When my father had finally accepted Calev, my dream had been to live in the House of Wind. But now I could not make it up to the beautiful house. Even walking was too much and I couldn't make it up to the house. Slowly, I had descended into a depression and Calev had been taking me for walks to help me. Yet as I stood looking up at the House of Wind and the figure flying into it, my heart forgot to beat. That bitch had won, she got her revenge. I was hollow and broken and Calev couldn't even bed me because of my back. He told me it was fine, that he understood, but I saw the tension lining every inch of his body. Calev had been snippy at every male that talked to me. We were both descending into madness.

Night had always been our favorite time to walk together. And as we walk towards the rainbow, I turn my head to look towards the ocean. I stopped and stared at it, the salt had been too much for my back but now I was healed enough to swim. Tugging Calev with me, we walked to the beach, our feet sinking in the sand which made me even more unsteady. Calev swept me off my feet making me laugh in surprise. He chuckles as he kisses my lips before he runs us toward the waves. Turning his back to the water, he leapt into the waves. They crashed over us but I was safe in his arms. Calev swam us into the water and calmed the waves with his powers. He lay on his back, as he back stroked in the calm water.

"Lay on me." he says with a smile. I did as I had been asked and lay on him, crossing my arms and staring lovingly at him. Calev used both arms to back stroke through the water. The dress clinging to my body was annoying me so I started taking it off. "What are you doing?"

"Taking off my dress." I grin as I slip it off. With a wet flop I tossed it into the waves. My naked body pressed flush to him as he swam. The grin on his face had my fingers trying to slip off his tunic. He let out a low laugh and stopped swimming, gently pushing me away and took his shirt off quickly. My fingers unbutton his pants as he shucks off his shirt.

"Damn, you really want this, don't you?" He grins down at me as he gestures to himself. I giggle as his pants slip free, then I wrap my legs around his waist. My lips find his greedily as we tread through the water. Calev's fingers dig into my lower back, careful not to touch my stubs and my own fingers were buried in his soft snowy locks.

"I missed you." I whisper against his mouth.

"And I you." he murmurs.

Those hands of his run down my thighs to pull me down and away slightly. Before I can question, he thrusts into me as I throw my head back. We find our pace as we go faster and faster to make up for the times lost, but I pause.

"Lets slow down. We have the rest of our immortal lives. I just want to enjoy you right now." I say. He smiles with tenderness that made my heart ache.

"Till the stars fall out of the sky, I am yours."