The Next Class

Everyone was chattering inside the room. They were all excited holding the parchment they had written there answers on closely. All hoping they had the right answer. Most had short little answers, but some, like Hermione, seemed to have written a full report. Ron and I stared at the parchment without to much surprise.

      "Leave it to Hermione to make an easy assignment like this a way to make you feel insignificant." Ron said.

     Harry gave a little smirk, "You really shouldn't grumble like that when you talk about your girlfriend."

     "Well excuse me for feeling a little overshadowed by her brilliant-ness." Ron returned.

     "She doesn't overshadow you that much, Headboy." Harry argued as he slowly walked over to sit next to Hermione.

     Not long after Harry sat down Professor Di Angelo walked in. He slowly went from table to table collecting everyone else's assignment. He told us we could have a little free time as he read through them as long as we were quiet.

     While Ron and Hermione started to talk, probably something gushy or they're just arguing, I decided to watch Professor Di Angelo read the papers. I couldn't tell which ones were whos except for Hermione's mound of parchment, so I watched as his facial features shifted as he read them.

      He didn't express to much, however, some made his eyes squint or mouth twitch. When he came to Hermione's he lifted his eyebrows before even reading what she wrote. Harry resisted the urge to smile at that. Even the teacher thought she over did it.

     It took about ten minutes for him to complete his stack and gain the classes attention. "I would like to tell you I think this class did a great job with this assignment. Many of your reasonings were quite well written, and/or amusing. Some of you overthought it as well," he slightly flicked his eyes over to Hermione before bringing them back to the class, "I am also quite proud of the two students in this class who managed to find a correct answer."

     At that many of the students shoulders tensed. Harry could tell they all wanted to be one of the two who were right, him included. Professor Di Angelo's eyes traveled over the students before continuing.

     "As such I will not only acknowledge these two, but give them a reward as well." That statement made the tension thicken now more than ever as everyone in the class sat on the edge of their stool awaiting the names. Their eyes hungry and fists' clenched. "Mr. Potter please come to my office after classes for your reward," Professor Di Angelo said. He waited again as everyone got even more hyped up and my body relaxed.

     Now that I was calm I was able to see what Professor Di Angelo was doing. He was purposely working them up, adding anticipation. After a few movements he finally let go of the second name. "And you as well, Mr. Weasley."

     After the professor said Ron's name everyone looked surprised, even Ron. People weren't to surprised about me, I used to teach this class when all Umbridge spouted was trash. But Ron wasn't know for being too smart or witty.

     We didn't have to much time, however, to dwell in our surprise before Professor Di Angelo began again. "Now we still have some time in class so I would like to continue our discussion on Hellhounds. Mr. Weasley, Potter, would you agree that the spell to defeat one is quite simple, and one all of you probably already know?"

     Harry nodded his head, as well as Ron though uncertainly. "And with a little problem solving I gave you everything you needed to find a viable solution?"

      Harry again nodded his head, while Ron did a half nod. "Now for the great unveil for what defeats a Hellhound. Light. All you need is light. A Hellhounds body is made out of shadow so with a powerful enough Lumos charm you can destroy those shadows. Fire is also effective, but will take time and only eat away at the Hellhound giving it more time to attack you." He continued to lecture